Trials: When are they? Are you ready? How were they? (merged) (1 Viewer)

Ellie999

HSC
Re: Are you ready for the trials?

aghphewwwwww im FAR from ready!
so far i've only done *scratches head*
-memorized 3/4 of the biology contents, 6past paper questions on one topic
-revised one topic/case study for business
-did 2 and a half past papers for maths
-did one essay and begun to revise for assessment task on english
-flicked through essays and planned for major work(i still have 1/4 left)

and i have yet to complete 1 assessment task, 3/4 of the course content for business, whole content for english to revise, infinity number of past papers to do for maths and bio, etc...
cant believe this-i study more than ever, i'm motivated to max but revision is going sooooo slow! *tears*

Last edited:

Redbeard

HSC

Don't worry about if you are behind where you wanted to be. It seems as though you wanted to get all of your study done in the holidays, but don't you still have 4 weeks of school left before the trials. If you study it all now, then there is a chance that you will forget it all between now and your trials.

My advice to all is just calm done and try to get all your study done, but don't stress about it too much. These trial exams are not the most important thing that you will do in life, so don't make them that. Good luck to all.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

Redbeard said:
Don't worry about if you are behind where you wanted to be. It seems as though you wanted to get all of your study done in the holidays, but don't you still have 4 weeks of school left before the trials. If you study it all now, then there is a chance that you will forget it all between now and your trials.
I see things just a bit differently here. These holidays are quite valuable but don't overrate it. Aim to do last minute catchup because once you get to school, you're no longer going to get a FULL DAY to study.

It would be nice to use these holidays to do final catchup and revision (to get it 'over and done with').
As for the 'forget' part of your post, I suppose you should cover every topic and finish up all notes. You're not going to forget all of your stuff if you revise and do practice questions and maybe a bit of relearning the week before your exams.

Again, don't overrate the importance of the holidays I say. If you feel that the holidays isn't enough, then I don't suggest you cram. (cramming isn't totally effective). Use the first few weeks. Use your time wisely and do enjoy these holidays- go for a walk, talk to a friend...

That's my suggestion....

My advice to all is just calm done and try to get all your study done, but don't stress about it too much. These trial exams are not the most important thing that you will do in life, so don't make them that. Good luck to all.
Yeah, I was about to say a similar thing myself until I read your post. I do see people over-stressing and under-achieving. (Not doing enough and procrastinating and this leads to more stress)

I suppose if you do poorly in the trials, you've got the HSC exams to make up for it. Good luck to you my friend.

-pari-

HSC
N/A

(Not doing enough and procrastinating and this leads to more stress)
god, i so agree. i do that all the time. it's so disproportionate....it's like crying over milk that isn't even spilt yet :p

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad

Am i ready for the trials? Short answer, No. However there are still a few days left, if i make the most out of those days then i might have a chance. Wish me luck.

-pari-

HSC
N/A

unless your trials start as soon as you get back to school ...^ then you have more than a few days left :)

dont underestimate the time available to you when school starts :)

N

noir.

I've most likely said this before, but no, i am not ready for my trials which are in week 4+5.

I simply dont have the time to study... I have made notes for legal studies though, and have pretty much written generic essays for english [not memorised just yet]. I have never ever studied for society and culture, and dont think i will be able to anyway because of this PIP. Also, I have another 2 majors to work on.

I dont know what to do about my trials :(

Sparcod said:
I see things just a bit differently here. These holidays are quite valuable but don't overrate it. Aim to do last minute catchup because once you get to school, you're no longer going to get a FULL DAY to study.

It would be nice to use these holidays to do final catchup and revision (to get it 'over and done with').
As for the 'forget' part of your post, I suppose you should cover every topic and finish up all notes. You're not going to forget all of your stuff if you revise and do practice questions and maybe a bit of relearning the week before your exams.

Again, don't overrate the importance of the holidays I say. If you feel that the holidays isn't enough, then I don't suggest you cram. (cramming isn't totally effective). Use the first few weeks. Use your time wisely and do enjoy these holidays- go for a walk, talk to a friend...

That's my suggestion....

Yeah, I was about to say a similar thing myself until I read your post. I do see people over-stressing and under-achieving. (Not doing enough and procrastinating and this leads to more stress)

I suppose if you do poorly in the trials, you've got the HSC exams to make up for it. Good luck to you my friend.
You'd make a beautiful moderator :shy:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC

I simply dont have the time to study... I have made notes for legal studies though, and have pretty much written generic essays for english [not memorised just yet]. I have never ever studied for society and culture, and dont think i will be able to anyway because of this PIP. Also, I have another 2 majors to work on.
Noir- For English, I'd say that the more practice papers you do, the more your so called 'generic essay' will sink in as you've applied it over and over again. I do remember regurgitatating for each exam. I've also found that most teachers are willing to mark your practice essays if you be nice to them.

As for the majors, my suggestion is to finish them off ASAP so you can get going for the trials. (but don't rush it in a careless manner)

-pari-

HSC
N/A

^ no you're not :)

i dnno about you, i have about 20days till my trials, which for me are worth 40%. i'm behind in all my subjects

but i plan to make damn good use of those 20days.

impossible is nothing ;)

HSC

good luck to all u guys for the trial! man - i thought it was unlucky for me to have the trials last term - but now i realise how good it is! i have had these holidays to work on my major works, and if i had the trials next term, i wouldnt have had time to work on them. and ive got most of my notes and a lot of studying out of the way and have also had a break =D

Redbeard

HSC

If anyone still isn't ready for the trials then i can still help you. My subjects are advanced english, legal studies, modern history, ancient history, 3U and 4U maths. I did well for ancient history, getting 23/25 for the core study, so i'm will ing to help with it if you want.

Anyway good luck with your trials. I hope you are ready and do well for them.

^emmie^

HSC

^^^^
what kind of help??

Redbeard

HSC

I can give you advice or if there is anything that you are unsure of then i can help you if it is something i know about.

Also what other options are you doing for ancient?

I did Sparta, The Julio-Claudian period, and am about to start Agrippina as my personality.

^emmie^

HSC

not doing any of them
doing minoans, new kingdom egypt till death of thut 4, personality hatshepsut

wht texts u do for english

Redbeard

HSC

The Tempest, Gwen Harwood, Frontline and will be starting Emma/Clueless now, though i have read emma and seen clueless so i might be able to help if you do it.

Also remember that i can still help with Pompeii and Herculaneum if you need it. I also do 2U maths, so if you have any questions i can answer them for you.

Good luck with your study if you don't do any of these.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Re: When are your trials?

Chiisora said:
Weeks 4 and 5

(Yet I'm still here... *sigh*)
2 weeks will fly. Just keep that in mind but don't stress as you can break your huge tasks into little tasks that you can achieve one at a time quite easily.

The absolute best time to start studying for the very stressful HSC trials IS.....
located on the bottom right had corner of your screen

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)