Trials (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
A Note from the Moderators Regarding the Discussion of 2009 Trials:
Please keep in mind not to give out the actual questions or a copy of the paper as there are copyright issues, not the mention the fact that some students may do the same paper as you at a different date and it is still within the security period.

does anyone have any past trial exams that they can potentially post up please.

How is everyone going preparing for their trials anyway? I'm finding it hard to make notes for FPD cause it was such a boring topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
i still don't do mine til next thursday (27th) so still preparing for them. slightly nervous about FPD as i find the topic very boring. but i must endure. you?

fayeee

HSC
oh good luck for them!!

haha food product development isn't too bad :p
if you know the basics, it's all bs'able.

hmm. trials weren't too bad..
weren't the best though.
i realise for foodtech, you can use the syllabus as a guide for studying, but they'll throw in questions where you need further knowledge to answer it?

i dunno

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
yeah i've found that too, and the 2003 paper had stuff about aboriginal food in it. I was like oh crap never ever looked at that. Must rehash year 11 work :| But i feel prepared for this test.

kara42

HSC
I'm quite fond of FPD lol.
I've done notes for all of the topics except FM, I'm struggling with that because it's so long and boring.
Can't get motivated to do it haha.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lols see i'm the opposite i love FM i find it interesting wanna swap notes to work off of? My FM for your FPD?

fayeee

HSC
haha macro/micro environment :p

what's your option? nutrition or marketplace?

and hey i was talking to a friend today...

foodtech won't pull us down THAT badly.. will it?

i want 95 for my atar

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
if you do well it shouldn't cause from what i have heard if you get a band 6 in any subject sccaling is discounted. Yeah we're doing nutrition its so interesting.

Icystealer

HSC
My trials are next thursday too haha.
So not ready for it >.>
I love FPD i find it a great topic in comparison to FM i just find it a tad long and its just gets boring at times.

I did Nutrition as my first topic for year 12 which followed straight on from the year 11 nutrition topic so it made it so easy.

spazamataz

HSC
I did my trial today, it was pretty easy, except for a few questions that seemed a bit ambiguous. It was the CSSA paper.
Overall i think i did okay, by the end of it i just didnt care anymore lol.
anyway good luck to those who still haven't done their trial

HSC
N/A
my trial is tomorrow :(

im stumped with FM... its all a blurrrrrr!

oh god. hope i get through this!

bats

HSC
My exam is tomorrow so I'm just revising notes. I will be so damn happy when trials are over!

Icystealer

HSC
My exam is tomorrow so I'm just revising notes. I will be so damn happy when trials are over!
Hope you did well with that today :) Mines not til next friday, so long away >.>

What sort of questions u end up getting for the exam?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
had mine today, didn't find it too bad, just active non-nutrients threw me a bit cause i haven't been in class but knew the basics of it.

Icystealer

HSC
had mine today, didn't find it too bad, just active non-nutrients threw me a bit cause i haven't been in class but knew the basics of it.
Ah im iffy with that myself. I just have this odd feeling legislation and policy will be in mines for AFI >.>

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
we had none in our trials, but i mentioned the nutritionally policy when talking about adolescent girls.

and i have definately lost at least 2 marks with the nutrition just looking over stuff oh well hopefully my essays will pick me up.

Icystealer

HSC
we had none in our trials, but i mentioned the nutritionally policy when talking about adolescent girls.

and i have definately lost at least 2 marks with the nutrition just looking over stuff oh well hopefully my essays will pick me up.
Im not too bad with overall with the entire course. Im just REALLY iffy on legislation and policies :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)