trials (1 Viewer)

Lanz04

is anyone else lacking motivation to study for the Hospitality trial? i've got the exam on monday... but i just cant bring myself to study for it.. i read over a few notes this morning, but nothing else... please tell me i'm not alone!!

renee6755

hey yeh im the same cause apparently the test doesnt even count cause its only competencies that we get our certificate from and if hospitality is goin towards ur uai then its only the hsc exam that counts so i cant be bothered studyin for this trial

Lanz04

from what i've heard... all the practicals and some of the hand in tasks are just competencies.... but all the major assesments i.e. pre-trials, trials, HSC count towards UAI mark...

i duno.. just hosp is so annoying... i cant b bothered - i did a prac essay last night from the 2003 HSC.... and i dont even no if i'm the right track coz no1 can mark it for me... soo aggravating!!

anyway... that's just me letting off my anger..

heheh

Batch_KG

I got my Hospitality exam tommorow too, and your right, I cant find any motivation to study for it! I dont like Hospitality much, so maybe thats why, but its so hard to study for! we dont get a text book, and ive got notes scattered all over the house, from different sections of the course!

My teacher gave me a sheet of what we should expect in the exam, but like, i cant find half my notes on that stuff!

this is the list of what is expected:
1. Hazards in the workplace
2. Basic first Aid - be aware of terms and acronyms
3. signs of good listening
4. types of insurnace - what they cover
5. foor poisoning - causes and foods which are vulnerable
6. Meaning of LILO in hospitality
7. Barriers to effect communication
8. Importance of stocktaking - procedure
9. Functions of material safety data sheet
10. what does time management involve
11. be aware of industrial relations in the workforce - terms used
12. know the 4 main sectors of the hospitality industry
13. know relationship between the sectors
14. be aware of the qualities needed by employee to achieve "good service"
15. know all about the OH&S committees
names in each state / responsibilities.
16. Distinguish between customer needs and expectations
17. be aware of different needs of different groups of customers
18. know company procedure for answering phone calls
19. know sources to obtain information about finding telephone numbers
20. factors - concern - hospitality industry in relation to the environment.
21. know factors which contribute to the operating of a successful restaurant business

22. know your - dry heat methods
- moist heat methods
- examples of dishes made by both
- utensils & equipment used, safety issues to be observed with each methods.
- be able to compare and contrast different methods.

HELP! LOL

can anyone help me, or post any notes about the above? please help me :p

renee6755

has ur teacher seen the exam and thats why she is sayin thats what you study? cause if so thats what i will study cause at the moment i havent started cause it doesnt count i checked in the syllabus it says it wont go towards the hsc and it isnt a competency so it cant be counted... so yeh i cant bring myself to start but yeh has she seen the test and is sayin that because of that?

Lanz04

hey everyone..

i think in total i've spent 5 hours studying - that's it!!!! i'll cram some stuff 2moz morning becoz the exams only at 12.30pm... i'm just learning points from the syllabus...

Batch_KG... all those points r on the syllabus.. - i dont no them but they;re there.. hhehe... and i seriously hope none of the questions are that detailed... !!

goodluck everyone!!!

the xc3ption

is ur school making u do a practical?

i hope u all do ok for your trails.. my hospliatlity exam is not till weds wk6 then they got us doing a practical assessment on thrus!!!(is that the same for everyone?)

umm the trial hos exam are only counted towards the yearly report u get at the end of the year, i think it becasue the HSC exam for hos. is optional.

I know i should study but the prob is, where do i start?!... i cant find half the notes from yr 11, and the syallabus is thicker than any of my textbooks for business,legal or eco!not to mention all the units seem to be the same thing and are sort of well... why do we have to know how many types of brooms there are and what they are used for??? i think the worst thing abt hos was learning about the MOP.... you all felt abit embarrassed abt it to right??!?!?!?

but to be honest i think im stressed abt the hos exam more becasue we all took it so lightly in the beginning... (umm well the ppl at my school did :confused: )

anyhow... good luck guys and tell me what was in ur exams! LoL

HSC
we had our hos trial last week and it was so much easier than i thought it would be! it was like "list an environmental factor/danger that the hos industry is working to prevent" the hardest thing to remember is the acts... make sure u know ur stock rotation eg LILO and FIFO..( Last in last out, first in first out)
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF U WHO HAVENT DONE THEM YET!!
and what did others who have done their trial think?

Lanz04

post-trials...

hey,

i had my trial about a week ago... was alright... hosp is just so hard to study for becoz there's just sooo much to learn! we did the catholic trial... was alright.. big hard but i managed...

in reference to minnie minh... i think our class also takes hosp as a bit of a joke but i guess everyone will be more serious now that the HSC exam's the only thing left.... although one major perk of doing the subject... our teacher chose coffee making as one of our electives.. so everytime we have class i get to have a latte!!
hehe

anyway, hope everyone went well in the exam..

the xc3ption

yay done with Trails!
it was okay i suppose, easier then the HSC exam lst year.. they asked us to comment on the method of deep frying + poaching (well that would have been easy if i had not assumed the teacher wouldn't ask a question on a topic we've only just started!! :( )
hope you did ok.. get my mark back hopefully tomorrows

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I had my Hospitality Trail yesterday, and l did the independant schools one.

All l know is that so far l've gotten 11/15 for the multiple choice.

I think l did question 21 pretty well (the one about My Restuarant Rules) but questions 22 (Commercial Cookery) l don't think l did so well on.

I answered every question and filled up every line.

The one that was most unusual was the memo one - I just wrote what l thought was right from examples l have seen on workplacement - however, instead of having one area, l used two as the people on my workplacement did food preparation as well as dishwashing.

the xc3ption

hey we did the same exam....

not happy, got 85% haven't got the paper back so i don't know where i went wrong.....
came first in my grade... does that count? ?

oh wells just hope i do better in the hsc....

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
85%?

I'd be cheering!

I didn't study much (only the night before as l was focusing more on biology) but if l get over 70% l'll be estatic!

First in your grade - well done!

the xc3ption

how did u all go?

yeh suppose i should be....
but i studied and was expecting a lil higher, but your right 85% is not that bad....

how did everyone eles go??

Lexi

HSC
N/A
I topped my grade ...
How crap was question 22 (the independant trial I think). The highest mark in our grade was 9/15. Did any of you assume that they were talking about personal injury, not malfunctions with the food?

Total score - 13/15 for multiple choice, 35/35 for short answer, 14/15 for 21, 8/15 for 22.

the xc3ption

Lexi said:
I topped my grade ...
How crap was question 22 (the independant trial I think). The highest mark in our grade was 9/15. Did any of you assume that they were talking about personal injury, not malfunctions with the food?

Total score - 13/15 for multiple choice, 35/35 for short answer, 14/15 for 21, 8/15 for 22.
damn right you topped the grade! thats err... 70/80... thats 87.5 or.... 88% woah!

good on you!
haven't even got the exam back yet... :mad:
I hated the Q abt the memo to a new employee... and you got full marks for it, hehe what did u write?

staticx

i agree

i dont know if i did the same trial i did the cathiol 1 and the qustion 22 was a bitch, by the short answers and the muilt-choice were fucken easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)