tricky creative q's (1 Viewer)

Mays

HSC
hey guys...
im having trouble with these weird creative writing q's...
can anybody help me out?

* using the technical aspects of crime fiction, write a short story in which u define a focus other than the crime..* :confused:

and....

*rewrite a key scene from one of ur set texts from the criminals point of view*--> how would u make this interesting?

thank u....

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
For the second one, you could do the same as a detective but in reverse. The detective tries to catch the criminal, so the criminal tries to escape him and tricks the detective. That might make it more interesting. If you are doing The Skull Beneath the Skin, then you act as Ambrose who is cunning and tricks people using lies, etc.

I dunno if that helped.

tennille

HSC
Could technical aspects be referring to the conventions of crime fiction?

J

jhakka

Wouldn't technical aspects be techniques? Setting, tone, dialogue, etc.

tennille

HSC
Yeah, but conventions are a form of technique. The setting could be a typical English manor.

It says technical aspects of crime fiction, so it wouldn't just be normal techniques, it would have to be those related to crime fiction.

So, tone can be a technical aspect, like you said. eg. a dark atmosphere, film noir, etc.

I guess it would be incorporating both film techniques and conventions of crime fiction.

Last edited:
J

jhakka

Yah. Techniques that contribute to the conventions of the text. Lighting (or lack thereof) in film noir.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
the techincal aspects are those aspects that make crime fiction, crime fiction

presumably after studying it (i haven't), u would know wat these are, correct?

Candypants

#1: It basically means used the conventions to carry a wider implication, as Anil's Ghost does with Xenophobia, war and the breakdown of humanity; or Skull beneath the skin does with the amorality of the rich; or Snow falling on Cesaers does with racism.

We had a really similar question in our trial.

#2: How would you make it interesting well, be creative! Just make sure you choose a good set text to rewrite from.

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
yeah i agree with candypants - anils ghost and snow falling on caesars both have a focus other than the crime so you could use similar ideas to demonstrate that you have an understanding that these ideas are used in the texts....

btw candypants are u zsa zsa?

katy12345

1: i have seen questions the same as this but worded differently. they like to emphasize the fact that crime fiction often focusses on social issues rather than the crime itself. so write a short story in which the main focus is a societal issue OR the relationship between characters, and the crime is only a vehicle for communicating this.

2: think about why the criminal does the things he does. what made him this way? then compose a story from first persoin of the criminal, maybe even drawing sympathy from the audience, and showing the protagonist in a different light.

cat empire

HSC

oi how much easier is the essay compared to the creative? i hate the creative. how far are u meant to go if asked to write a short story ? like how much detail/before and after the crime action do u use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)