Trig (1 Viewer)

cookiez69

What a stupid name, Nat.
HSC
Hey guys so I'm a bit confused on something.

So here's two separate questions:

So i've tried using the transformation method, and I've expressed the first question in the form rsin(theta - x). I've made this judgement based upon the sign in the middle, and I'm not sure if thats the right method of how I'm supposed to decide, which form to use.

In the second question, i also thought the form rsin(theta - x) would work, but it turns out I was actually meant to use rsin(theta + x).

How do I determine which form to use? I don't really want to use the t-results method, but I might have to swap to it if its more reliable.

braintic

HSC
N/A
Hey guys so I'm a bit confused on something.

So here's two separate questions:

So i've tried using the transformation method, and I've expressed the first question in the form rsin(theta - x). I've made this judgement based upon the sign in the middle, and I'm not sure if thats the right method of how I'm supposed to decide, which form to use.

In the second question, i also thought the form rsin(theta - x) would work, but it turns out I was actually meant to use rsin(theta + x).

How do I determine which form to use? I don't really want to use the t-results method, but I might have to swap to it if its more reliable.
You are only 'meant' to use a particular form if the question instructs you to do so. If it doesn't, you are free to choose.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Yea, so it should work regardless of which one you use.
Not sure why the 2nd one wanted + =S

cookiez69

What a stupid name, Nat.
HSC
You are only 'meant' to use a particular form if the question instructs you to do so. If it doesn't, you are free to choose.
Yeah, it didn't give me a particular form. I chose my own one, but only one specific form worked. I must've done something wrong so I'll go back and redo the working out.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, it didn't give me a particular form. I chose my own one, but only one specific form worked. I must've done something wrong so I'll go back and redo the working out.
Remember to never 'cross things out' ie, divide sinx and cosx, as solutions may be lost.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
hey there
for 1 Use R sin (theta- alpha)
Now this expand this using sum of angles formula
Now equate both sides and find commonalities.
Then square the 2 trigonmetric R forms received .
Then Add them to get R^2= something.
Then Find R
Then Sub R back into the commonality equation.
Then find Alpha.
Then Use the form of R Sin (theta - alpha) where you already know alpha and R however you donot know theta.
Now its simple. Sorry If this didn't explain nicely BUT THIS METHOD IS CALLED AUXILIARY ANGLE METHOD AND LOOKS LIKE YOU KNOW A BIT so google for method on how to do it and use Rsin(theta-alpha) or Rcos (theta + alpha).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)