Trig (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Can anybody explain the sine and cosine rules to me, as i don't understand them, and also i don't understand radical survery, compass radical survery and traverse survey???

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I sometimes wonder if i am talking another language. Perhaps you have done your subjects in a different order than me.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
youve got a triangle ABC. the side opposite to the angle A is a, opposite to angle B is b and angle C is c. the sine rule says that a/sinA = b/sinB = c/sinC. This can be useful when finding unkown sides or angles by subbing into the formula. Basically sin of an angle over the opposite angle = sin of another angle over the opposite angle.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Well, i would help you, but my knowledge of trig went out the window along with 99% of all the other maths crap I learned in high school. ;)
But just be careful not to mix up the way to find the angles of a triangle, and the way you find the length of the sides of a triange. I remember the first time we did that in class, I didn't pay any attention and when I went home and tried to do it I was sooo confused!:p And always remember to check if a triange is right angled or not-heaps of people always used to trip up on that!

woopsie

hi just new to this site i found trig pretty easy i do path ways and was supposed to finish in 2000 i was doing 2 unit maths then i've come back this year to get my uai and they put me in general maths . Trig is hard to explain without pics. .but basically to do the sin rule you need to have a side and it's opposite angle and the opposite angle to the side you need to find. The for the cosine rule you need to have 2 sides and the angel between those 2 sides ( the angle opposite the angle you need to find)
i'm up to probability now with factorials and permutations and combinations just wait till you get to that !!!! hope i helped! see ya :) :wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)