Trimming fringes (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is there any way to trim a layered fringe without using those special layering scissors? Cos my fringe is overgrowing and dont wanna waste money at hairdresser just to trim it :p

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
yes, if you angle the scissors you can make it feathered, and a blunt fringe is easy to cut. is ur fringe a side fringe or a front fringe?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
from my personal experiences DO NOT attempt to cut any sort of fringe yourself, especially when you are drunk. Also do not let your mother cut it

rockstar01

HSC
Don't cut across it, cut vertically to thin it and sorta diagonally to shorten it.... if u get what i mean

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
hahahhaha, i cut my fring myself... and it looks good... and i cut my friends one as well, and it turned out great... lucky i wasnt drunk. lol... or else we'd all be in trouble.

all the guys in my year have this problem.... whenever they get drunk they decide to cut each others hair... at least its hilarious for the rest of us... so for weeks after, they have to come to school with weird designs cut/shaven into their hair and mohawks and such...
hahaha

Skeeta

HSC
most hairdressers will cut your fringe only for free or for a few dollars if you're a regular

if you are goin to do it yourself, i have a few tips for you
1. Dont wet your hair because it weighs your hair down and will spring up later on
2. Dont pull on your hair to make it straight fot he same reason
3. Cut the fringe long than you think u need it - if you still want it shorter - make it shorter then

im experienced with disaster in this area

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
try to mimic what the hair dresser does when you get it cut there :p

Ive cut my hair before, looked alright :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
PerfectByNature said:
or if you use a razor you can get that layered effect. thats what i do.
yep that'll work, just be careful not to cut yourself (believe me, not fun when that happens)

HSC
If you don't know exactly what you're doing, you should go to the hairdressers.

It's a case of $10 versus potential hair disaster which makes you self-conscious for weeks.

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
i dont cut my own fringe.. i cant co-ordinate the cut when im looking in the mirror.. i always stab myself in the head with the scissors :eek:

asscookie

dork.
HSC
I just cut vertically when I need my fringe trimmed. Make sure you use sharp scissors, though, or you might damage the ends of your hair (make it easier to get split ends etc).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
i dont cut my own fringe.. i cant co-ordinate the cut when im looking in the mirror.. i always stab myself in the head with the scissors :eek:

Haha so true!

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i dont cut my own fringe.. i cant co-ordinate the cut when im looking in the mirror.. i always stab myself in the head with the scissors
hahahahhahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!! im at least fairly co ordinated... i never stabbed myself and the fring looks good.

Skeeta said:
most hairdressers will cut your fringe only for free or for a few dollars if you're a regular

if you are goin to do it yourself, i have a few tips for you
1. Dont wet your hair because it weighs your hair down and will spring up later on
2. Dont pull on your hair to make it straight fot he same reason
3. Cut the fringe long than you think u need it - if you still want it shorter - make it shorter then

im experienced with disaster in this area
exactly, i realised this before i did it, which is lucky

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
from my personal experiences DO NOT attempt to cut any sort of fringe yourself, especially when you are drunk. Also do not let your mother cut it
lol, i let my mum cut mine haha..it's fine though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)