trouble with the nano (1 Viewer)

HSC
Haha, i'm not an iPod nut, dont worry, i'll try to cut down on my iPod threads...

My friend got a black nano as a b'day pressie last Thursday - apparently he didn't do anything to it and it has scratches all over the screen.
He's had a 20gb iPod for two years and there's nothing wrong with it...

He is extremely :chainsaw: about it

Some more links:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/23/ipod_nano_scratching/
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1798067,00.html

Ouch, i'm expecting a major product recall or yet another expensive accessory that everyone has to buy.
Good one, Apple.

So much for the colour screen :p

Last edited:
HSC
so did he buy it and it had the scratches already on the screen, or they magically appeared?

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
my sis got an ipod nano for her birthday a week ago and cause its so small she left it in her pocket and it went through the wash and broke.
getting it replaced atm, but i imagine alot of ppl are going to have problems with keeping them alive

HSC
Apparently he only put it (alone, not with keys etc.) in his jacket pocket for one day and when he took it out at night scratches were covering half the screen.

HSC
hmm im not sure, mine scratched alover, but not enough to even notice, the back is a goner though, i was thinking of making it brushed aluminium :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl, thats pwned!

I've had the ipod mini, and its been put through its paces and made to work for its money, silver = great for someone who doesnt care too much about its looks and so it has that awesome industrial look to it haha.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the nano scratching problems being mentioned are all over the official ipod forums, ipodlounge forums, www.flawedmusicplayer.com - it's a big problem and for the price, users can do better. If you're going to pay so much for an mp3 player you at least want it to last you more than a week. 3 years would be a preferable minimum.

Signed, unhappy ipod nano fan

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
couple of slightly related questions (dont want to start a new thread)

1. can you buy the plastic 'cling wrap' type things that cover mp3 players? i have a creative zen. i am not talking about the case, but the sticky plastic (much like contact we used in school top cover books)

2. can you buy those cushion 'condoms' for earplugs? if so where?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
gordo said:
my sis got an ipod nano for her birthday a week ago and cause its so small she left it in her pocket and it went through the wash and broke.
getting it replaced atm, but i imagine alot of ppl are going to have problems with keeping them alive
Replaced or buying a new one?

HSC
redruM said:
couple of slightly related questions (dont want to start a new thread)

1. can you buy the plastic 'cling wrap' type things that cover mp3 players? i have a creative zen. i am not talking about the case, but the sticky plastic (much like contact we used in school top cover books)

2. can you buy those cushion 'condoms' for earplugs? if so where?
1. Yes you can, but there shouldn't be accessories that you have to buy if you don't want your colour screen destroyed.
2. Apple store and Apple online will have them (p.s. their delivery system sucks)

jm1234567890 said:
Wrap it in cling wrap! :D
Haha, crazy asians and their remote controls... *shakes head*

HSC
Haha, i won't argue with warranty, but my experience... not so good.
I ordered iPod socks online. Took 7 weeks to arrive.

It's crap because you can arrange a weekday for delivery, but you can't pick a time (so i have to be home 9-5 the whole day).

They refuse to leave it outside your door or put them in the mailbox, they wouldn't let me change the address, wouldn't let anyone else sign for me (apparently a security breach, even w/ medicare card and other reliable forms of ID), and the BEST BIT was that i actually took an entire day off work/uni and i got a phone call at 6pm telling me they were sorry and i could arrange another day for delivery.

Stupid Star Track Express, smartest delivery system in the world my arse!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
anyways, you can buy thin sticky covers for the front of them so its not that much of a biggie
where from?

whiterabbit, i just want it to stop it from getting scratched.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
erawamai said:
Replaced or buying a new one?
I guess they bought a new one - apple won't even replace scratched screens or screens that have broken in pockets.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
iambored said:
I guess they bought a new one - apple won't even replace scratched screens or screens that have broken in pockets.
I'm not sure my parents would buy another one if i was stupid enough to leave a $300 player in my pants in the wash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)