trouble! (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
hello fellow ext II people :)

i was just wondering if there is anyone else shitting themselves right now over their major work? - that is, it's not even close to finished, research isnt really complete etc

I'm in that position now, i have ideas but i cant seem to put it down on paper, which is really shitty timing because my report is due first week back of school! and the major work is to be handed in on the 20th of August!

why did i procrastinate?!?!?! :uhoh:

If anyone would agree to this, it would make me feel much better :)

But i truly hope no one else is in this position, im just tired and stressed out.....

Goodluck to all ext 2 people!!!!

:wave:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
hello fellow ext II people :)

i was just wondering if there is anyone else shitting themselves right now over their major work? - that is, it's not even close to finished, research isnt really complete etc

I'm in that position now, i have ideas but i cant seem to put it down on paper, which is really shitty timing because my report is due first week back of school! and the major work is to be handed in on the 20th of August!

why did i procrastinate?!?!?! :uhoh:

If anyone would agree to this, it would make me feel much better :)

But i truly hope no one else is in this position, im just tired and stressed out.....

Goodluck to all ext 2 people!!!!

:wave:
Hi Tanjin, Im not Ext 2 but thought I would reply anyway. Can I suggest a few things?

1. Take this weekend to just chill out anmd allow yourself to sleep and recuperate. Put everything aside for the moment, you are no good to anyone, let alone yourself, if you are tired and stressed.

2. Then take the time to write yourself a plan of what needs to be done. I find that if I have a list of what I know needs to be done, as I tick it off I start to feel really good about myself. Taking the time to do this can certainly help ease the stress because you can get a good handle on what you need to do AND it purges it from your brain allowing it to focus on the important stuff (like being creative).

3. Prioritise the list and then start on what needs to be done. Sounds like this report needs to be done first.

4. Perhaps have a word with your teacher and see if you can be granted a short extension (just a week) to ease the pressure. But if you get the extension, use it wisely. Don't procrastinate anymore.

5. Just write stuff, even if it sounds crap. Write it out, get the ideas out there and then come back later and edit and make it better and wonderful. No writer writes the best work first time. Gosh, how many times have I edited a piece of writing before I have felt happy with it. Don't feel you have to write the perfect major work first go.

I hope that helps

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
alcalder said:
5. Just write stuff, even if it sounds crap. Write it out, get the ideas out there and then come back later and edit and make it better and wonderful. No writer writes the best work first time. Gosh, how many times have I edited a piece of writing before I have felt happy with it. Don't feel you have to write the perfect major work first go.
that's how i did mine. I had an outline which i followed but to get it done I sat down and wrote about 3k words then edited it a few times. it's better to do it that way in my opinion, cause once you start writing it flows a lot more easily.

but if you didn't get any done these holidays i'd say you're done for ;s there's no way you can study for trials and finish your major work at the same time.

good luck with it all though !

faceface

HSC
hell yes!!!
i feel the same way, which is just a tiny bit terrifying, considering what time of the year it is...
and i liked the advice people have given... except for the fact that there is really no time to have a weekend off... which is lame.
but WRITE. just write and write and write and then grit your teeth and give it to as many people as you can, and they'll (hopefully) tear it to bits, and if you're anything like me that'll galvanise you into writing even more. and just write every day, and in your journal as well, so you can get things sorted out in your head at least.
you'll get it done, because you have to. even if its not up to your standards, it'll be done, and that'll feel so good!!!
oh yeah, and i think if you can do something like going for runs/ something else that'd be good in other ways, it really helps to clear your head.

shouldn't procrastination just die?
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sure you'll do amazingly, if you care about it then its going to be ace :)

xoxo

bussoti

HSC
I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm taking the advice to just write and write as much as you can whenever you can. It's really odd, but I always keep a pen on me so if anything comes to me I can write it on a body part. The other day I was in the bathroom and got a stream of inspiration and came out with penmarks all up my arm. Just try not to stress, and write as much as you can. We still have four weeks! We're going to be alright!

kloudsurfer

HSC
bussoti said:
I'm in the same boat as you, and I'm taking the advice to just write and write as much as you can whenever you can. It's really odd, but I always keep a pen on me so if anything comes to me I can write it on a body part. The other day I was in the bathroom and got a stream of inspiration and came out with penmarks all up my arm. Just try not to stress, and write as much as you can. We still have four weeks! We're going to be alright!
Me too! (cept the penmarks thing...lol)

jess241

HSC
me to:(

Ive pretty much covered all my research, but theres still heaps to go on my major work. Started my report right now which is due Tomorrow!!!

Far out I always leave things till the last minute.

ah well, glad im not the only one going slightly psycho due to extension II lol

one more term. thats all that matters.

pursya17

HSC
greycats said:
that's how i did mine. I had an outline which i followed but to get it done I sat down and wrote about 3k words then edited it a few times. it's better to do it that way in my opinion, cause once you start writing it flows a lot more easily.

but if you didn't get any done these holidays i'd say you're done for ;s there's no way you can study for trials and finish your major work at the same time.

good luck with it all though !
Oh way to be positive mister!
I'll have you know that although us procrastinators always leave stuff to the last minute and are constantly stressing we usually come out ok in the end, but it does no help to have the "Sir I'm so organised" people telling us how much trouble we're in.
Beleive me we know!

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
pursya17 said:
Oh way to be positive mister!

but it does no help to have the "Sir I'm so organised" people telling us how much trouble we're in.
Beleive me we know!
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha- I only sat down and finished mine off cause mum threatened to ground me if I didn't.. Otherwise i'd still be writing it.
And yes, I -am- a positive person aren't !

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Guess what people? After posting this blog and reading that greycats thinks i wouldn't finish, i wrote 4163 words :) so now im upto 6243 words! My work will be finished! I also finished my report two nights before the due date, it was only my journal that i had to stay up for - 2:58 am19/07/07 to be exact. But it's all done and now my journal looks half full with research and shit.

Procrastination will not win over me!

You know what i really hate? All those people who say ext II english isnt hard, compared to most other subjects...well fuck you! It's hard alright?

Well that was my little bitch.

I hope everyone else is doing well now!!! Good luck with all your major works. :karate:

Bec-B

HSC
Hey nicely done, see we knew you'd do it! :)

pursya17

HSC
thats awesome i'm so glad that someone is beating down the procrastination monster finally!
(you didn't even have to be bullied by your mum!....hint hint greycats....)
anyway goodluck with everything else and i'm glad it worked out.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
pursya17 said:
thats awesome i'm so glad that someone is beating down the procrastination monster finally!
(you didn't even have to be bullied by your mum!....hint hint greycats....)
Give me a break, i'll beat it tomorrow ;p

Anyway it seems my "Reverse psychology" worked, me telling you you'll surely fail at finishing has made you succeed ! So, instead of insulting me in a sarcastic manner, ya'll should be thanking/praising me and so forth.
I'll just be waiting over there in the car which is fueled by my own ego ;>

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: + :) (EXTREMELY HAPPY)

And yes thanx greycats for being oh so positive

and with my parents not bothering me about it...well they didnt know i was in this situation to begin with. I'm a curry so my parents hold math above everything else. English is just not important to them.

pursya17

HSC
I'll just be waiting over there in the car which is fueled by my own ego ;>[/QUOTE]

Well its nice to know that at least your being environmentally friendly, but i think i'll save my thanks for later, your car seems to have more than enough self-confidence to run on at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)