• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Troy (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Saw it today!! Fucking awsome!! Brad Pitt is meh. Eric Bana was brilliant. Orlando Bloom proved he can act (although, he still liked his bow and arrow ;)) - But that scene on the beaches of Troy with Paris.. you know which one I mean if you've seen it, with Paris shitting himself and Hector being awsome. I reckon that was a great scene. I dunno why, but it was. Casting did a good job too - Eric Bana and Orlando Bloom could pass as brothers.

And SEAN BEAN! Mate. He lived thru a movie! I mean, one that made sense and one when he didnt spend his entire screen time naked and screwing some chick (not that I minded at all, when he ran thru the woods in the nick ;)) I loved Sean Bean in Troy.

So, who else has seen it??

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
There's been 2 threads already posted like this.

But no, I haven't seen this yet. Probably seeing it Sunday.

jay2000

Highest Member
HSC
ahhhh was it packed???
i think i might watch it tomorrow morning!

mejam

forgive me if this has been said before but.. it was kinda a let down... maybe i was being too critical or maybe my hopes were just too high but.. yes.. it was changed loads.. what happened to briseis.

Kuya

is it really long tho? somehow i have a feeling it will be too long.

mejam

lol no they really shortened it down.. like they make what is a yearrrsssss long battle seem like its over and done in a month.

mejam

ohhhhhhhh hehehe. well i usually get restless or tired in long movies.

As great as they were i fell asleep in gladiator, braveheart and meet joe black.

But this one i managed to stay awake and it went for 3 hours.

Kuya

ahh thats gud.

and LOTR 1. i fell asleep. so i never liked them and didnt go see 2 or 3. lol

mejam

hehe oh i kept awake in that tooo

but then again.. i do have a thing for pippin so lol

mejam

isnt he yum :D i should go join a fan club or summat. meh. effort.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Lundy
yay pippin!
who did the actor who played pippin in LOTR, play in troy?

i liked troy..although the dialogue was pretty shit in lots of bits. but it was just a nice fun movie. nothing particularly life changing.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Originally posted by johnson
i liked troy..although the dialogue was pretty shit in lots of bits. but it was just a nice fun movie. nothing particularly life changing.
very true, its an enjoyable movie but nothing to bow down to.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
who did the actor who played pippin in LOTR, play in troy?
Billy Boyd is in Troy? I thought it was only Orlando and Sean Bean?

juggernaut

HSC
saw it last night..
it was quite good.. looks great etc,.. not all that substance tho

the fight scene of brad pitt vs eric banna is one of the best battles ive seen in a movie.. done so good

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Billy Boyd is in Troy? I thought it was only Orlando and Sean Bean?
oops, i mis-read someone's comment, who was merely orgasming over pippin, rather than pointing out that pippin was in "Troy".

Originally posted by juggernaut
the fight scene of brad pitt vs eric banna is one of the best battles ive seen in a movie.. done so good
actually i thought the scene bewteen brad pitt and orlando bloom was quite good as well. the shot of orlando clutching his brother's leg, without even focussing on eric bana, is so well shot.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I didnt care that it didnt stick to what really happened - I mean, mainly because I go to the movies to enjoy them, but also because nobody really knows what happened. Some still say there was no Trojan Wars, so, you know.

Anyway. I reckon the scene with Orlando grabbing Eric's leg was bloody awsome. I've always thought he was hot, but up until Troy, othing ever really proved he had a great deal of acting ability. But that scene, proved alot in my eyes.

Then again, I was just happy to see Sean Bean see the end of a Movie Let them say I lived in the days of Hector: Tamer of Forces. In the Days of Achillies. Let them say I lived to the end of atleast one movie! Hmmm.. anyway.

And Billy Boyd!!! hmmm. Yes. Hey, if you have MSN, PM me your contact - I have an interview with him, singing 'Baby, One More Time' Hes such a cutie!! LOL.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
im a huge greek mythology fan and it is definately a let down that they dont follow the original story closely :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)