• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

truancy (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
talking abt. lectures noticing...i had a friend of mine who went into a lecture in which he wasn't enrolled in- and would u believe it...he got busted!!! they busted him bcoz, the lecturer picked him to answer a question, and he didn't know (since he doesn't do the subject), so yeah, he had to admit it in the end. :lol:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
talking abt. lectures noticing...i had a friend of mine who went into a lecture in which he wasn't enrolled in- and would u believe it...he got busted!!! they busted him bcoz, the lecturer picked him to answer a question, and he didn't know (since he doesn't do the subject), so yeah, he had to admit it in the end. :lol:

What lecture was it for this? I don't think they ask anyone in maths, but in other subs, which have smaller lectures, sometimes they do.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
What lecture was it for this? I don't think they ask anyone in maths, but in other subs, which have smaller lectures, sometimes they do.
well it was a teaching lecture...i.e the course u do to become a teacher. :D

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lengstar
actually you can skip all the bio lectures and still get a good mark i think because they post up very good notes for BIOL1001.
oh crap, does that mean that fat bio book i bought for over $100 will be used as a lamp stand?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Each lecturer for the biol1001 course produces their own notes, so just be warned that the quality may change throughout the semester. The textbook is a waste in a financial sense, but at times it may be of better use than the lecture notes if you did not attend that particular lecture.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
for all my subjects its 90% af all lectures and pracs, but they only take attendance in some lectures and all the pracs. But they dont put the notes online for some so you are screwed if you dont go. My lectures arent that bad, likemost of them i can see the relevance, even if it is basic kinda stuff.
One guy in my course falls asleep in like every lecture, and we have one lecturer who stops and wakes him up!

Carlito

HSC
Theres no way they would notice for my maths lectures, they have like 500 people.

Most of my tutes they mark a roll but others they dont seem to

Collin

HSC
N/A
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

And yeah, the lecture notes for BIOL1001 is really good. But the great Doctor forgot to update the site for lecture notes 7+.. so tomorrow I'll be noteless for the lecture.. boohoo :/

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
...One guy in my course falls asleep in like every lecture, and we have one lecturer who stops and wakes him up!
talking abt. sleeping...i heard from a 3rd year commerce/law student that he actually sleeps in lectures regularly, and one day he slept through the lecture, such that when he woke up he found himself inside another lecture (which was scheduled in that room after his lecture). :lol:

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
talking abt. sleeping...i heard from a 3rd year commerce/law student that he actually sleeps in lectures regularly, and one day he slept through the lecture, such that when he woke up he found himself inside another lecture (which was scheduled in that room after his lecture). :lol:

LOL!!

Collin

HSC
N/A
He'd wake up, look at the work the present lecturer's writing about and get horrifically confused, before looking at his watch. That's the classic moment, which everyone should witness.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
Thats mean..entertaining, but mean to make fun of teh poor guy..trust me my english lectures are enough to put anyone to sleep..im gettin saved cos my phone tends to get sms..and the vibartin wakes em up..i just try not to squeak cos it shocks me!

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
When my brother was at UoW, he was in a lecture where a student fell asleep. The lecturer got everybody to leave really quietly, and left the student sleeping in the lecture theatre...

The student in question never went to sleep in another of these lectures.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
I've missed numerous lectures and tutorials (calculus, french, stats...)

I give myself about another three weeks before they wise up and kick me out.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I always sit near the back in all my lectures anyway, so it's not like the lecturers could notice if I was awake or not.. :D

Except yesterday there was this couple furiously making out in the pair of seats in front of me for the entire lecture. That was kind of distracting.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
haha it would be distracting...i tend to sit closest to the door so i can get out of a lecture quickly..most of mine are back to back and require a fair trek..except in latin where i sit in the back so teh lecturer cant make eye contact with me and make me read!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
When my brother was at UoW, he was in a lecture where a student fell asleep. The lecturer got everybody to leave really quietly, and left the student sleeping in the lecture theatre...

The student in question never went to sleep in another of these lectures.
Lol.

Originally posted by shelley
haha it would be distracting...i tend to sit closest to the door so i can get out of a lecture quickly..most of mine are back to back and require a fair trek..except in latin where i sit in the back so teh lecturer cant make eye contact with me and make me read!
I always sit up the back.. it's just a habit I guess. Sorta like my tendency to sit up the back of the bus at all possible opportunities etc.

But yeah.. if that couple turns up in front again next time, I'm moving my arse. :D

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
haha i sit at the back of the bus to..lol..left over from that highschool "cool" ideal i do suggest! haha well in ancient i sit at the back, in latin i sit at the back, in english i sit at the back..just in history im in teh front..haha..so im just as bad

why oh why would someone make out in a lecture? sheesh just skip the freakin thing and make out in a comfortable place!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)