Truly desperate with English (1 Viewer)

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
So I'm doing ESL for the HSC and so far my whole class hasn't got a 85+ mark for any assignment:eek: (Top mark 83 and bottom mark is around 53). My class only has 8 people and I'm standing third. My teacher is really strict in marking our writing, speech and other things:jawdrop:. Although I stick to her writing techniques and I've never got a good mark:bomb:.
I was aiming for an 85+ HSC mark for English but right now I think it's an impossible thing for the whole class.
Is their a way that I could achieve 85+ for English? I only have Trial and the HSC exam left.

iheartOJ

HSC
Hey trapizi,
Your internal marks don't count for any final HSC mark calculated, it all depends on your rank. Your HSC mark is calculated from your HSC assessment mark and the HSC mark corresponding to your rank. Therefore as long as you either maintain your rank or move higher (1st or 2nd) with your remaining exam and do well in your final HSC exam it is still definitely possible to get a 85+
Good luck! :)

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes possible. If your teacher is stringent about her assessment criteria, you'll likely do better in final exams than you expect. And that, as the previous comments have suggested, will boost your assessment marks higher, which in turn means higher overall score, et c.

Just focus on doing as best you can in your finals - I mean, you can't do much else anyway. If you aren't sure if what you are doing is right or not (since your teacher seems to be giving inconsistent feedback), you can DM me or you may want to have a look at my book. Or, just ask her and see what she says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)