Truman Show Techniques/images/notes (1 Viewer)

Picle

HSC
anyone got a list of or some info on the above please techniques/images/notes im struggling with truman

ClaireLiz

these are just some issues that are explored in the film you should be able to match the scenes or images with them hope it helps!
* media manipulation, shown in the flashes to the "truman bar" and the old ladies knitting "truman" cushions shows how media is in every part of life, how the media manipulates and controls modern life also shown in the product placements "mococo" and "elk rotary mower", oh and the line "every things for sale on the show" creates an image of a display village that the show is just there to sell things
* "invasion of individual and privacy" shown in the "matte" effect which is used in heaps of shots and in the scenes when truman thinks he is in private like in the basement, also in choices e.g. relationships
* "exploration" is huge talk about images of fiji, references to fiji, trumans obsession maps every where in garden there is a globe, on kitchen bench a globe radio, truman says "i want to be an explorer like the great magellan"
* control christof over truman, shots of christof in the lunar room looking over truman, "religous" theme, christof sees himself as the creator able to give and take life "he was born infront of a live audience", also he controls the weather "cue fog" and the rain sequence.

Picle

HSC
there the ones i got out of looking at the movie seem to be the key 3 to recall in exam

HSC
mine go as
- establishment of truman/christof
- aritficialness of actors feelings
- climatic scenes artificialness

except over 2 pages

cute_lil_thing

HSC

hay ppl i'd like sum notes on the truman show as well so any help would be much appeciated.

Picle

HSC
we suck so much lol asking for notes like the day before the exam hahaha its so bad :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)