truman show (1 Viewer)

MiSSi

hey does anyone know any related texts relating to the truman show? possibly on the net thanks

P.I.M.P.

um the movie 'wag the dog' relates good as it is about how a group of people from the government create a war on tv to cover up the presidents sex scandel before the election.

JizZ

erm.. our related texts, they dont necissarily have to be related to the truman show (or whatever u studied) do they? Like I thought all it had to do was contain good images for us to deconstruct..

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by JizZ
erm.. our related texts, they dont necissarily have to be related to the truman show (or whatever u studied) do they? Like I thought all it had to do was contain good images for us to deconstruct..
Yep no relation to truman is required, you have to find ANY text that shows the composer trying to communicate a message to the responder throught language, can be visual or can be story whatever it may be. For example if i was the composer of a text and i happened to have put a lot of obstacles throughout a characters journey to stop them from doing something, because i believe what they want to do is wrong and isn't ehtically correct, so thus you discuss how i have achieved this through the placement of my obstacles, etc, then you explain that my main message trying to be conveyed is the fact it's not ethically correct to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)