Trying to buy a new camera phone (1 Viewer)

lisas18

HSC
Sarah168 said:
The cameras in those phones are not very good. Both are VGA and no replacement for an actual digi camera. It's ok for taking random fun shots but not good for prints and special occasions.

Neither have slots for memory expansion either as far as I can remember.

CHeck out Motorola V3i. I've been after that one for aaaaages but I'm too cheap to fork out hundreds just for a phone.
\
I agree the v3 are overrated they work 4 a while then they stuff up whether it be batteries or chargers..

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
well i just decided to go with the Samsung D900i today, the guy at the virgin store recommended it over the 6300 and as we all know, the 6288 is not really worth gettin unless u want the 3G features, which i will not use.

My new samsung is chargin atm, so i will keep you posted on how it is

aim54x

XccenTRiX
HSC
well 2 days on, here are my first impressions

i love
-the look and feel of it, lightweight, slim.
-the camera is pretty good, nice quality of shot, great flexibility with the software options availble, will focus on objects less than 7cms away
-the mp3 player, pretty good sound with both headset and speaker, speaker sounds crisper than the one on the N70 but starts to distort a little when on max
-the FM Radio - well i have not used this too much, but when i was playing with it, it gave a good static free sound
-bluetooth - well i didnt have it on my previous phone
-wallpaper - the themed one changes with the outside conditions, night shot of sydney harbour when it is night, day when day, and also i think cloudy when cloudy, lols i will keep an eye on that last one but i thnk it happens

the BAD
-the time it takes to access images that are stored on the microSD card, apparently it is normal for this to be slow on phones, but it is annoying
-the keypad, well i have yet to get used to typin messages with it, as it differs slightly from the keypad setup on my trusty OLD NOKIA 6100

i will get back to u on the battery life, i wont know for sure until i stop playin with it like a kid with a new toy

.ShAkEdOwN.

HSC
ummmm i so recommend sony ericsson.

my bro had a K700i its 2mp camera on it is pretty dam good for a phone.
he paid $250 for it on optus prepaid but i think theyve stopped that one now.

ive got a sony ericsson z530i luckily i didnt buy it for the camera coz the camera is really pointless.

sony ericssons normally come with the data cable so its really easy to transfer media from your computer to your phone.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
HSC
another update on the Samsung D900i

can confirm that the themed wallpaper does change with the weather, clouds being added when it is cloudy outside, dont know how that is done though.

battery life, still playin with the phone a fair bit, but i have gotton 2 and a half days off it before the low battery warnings kicked in, this is with me using the mp3 player as a stereo and playing with the games, using GPRS, using the camera and bluetooth, so if i would imagine if i was using it purely as a fone i would get botu 4days off it.

BUT when the low battery warnings kick in, the camera is disabled, which is a good thing, and it keeps goin for a few hours, so you have some time to get home and charge

i'll provide a definitive battery life soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)