trying to share the l33tness of comm faculty.. (1 Viewer)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
..by transferring to combined seng/commerce. which means im going to do ACCT next session.. and i got a few questions, i need some informations, and some clarifications..

1. how does transfer really work? will I have to go to commerce faculty begging for transfer (or the sorts), since i currently don't have enough UAI to get to seng/commerce straightaway (got 94.9, need 96.0).

2. what's the prospects of me entering commerce, if I got 65 WAM? similarly, what about 75 WAM? and 85? 100?

3. will the transfer judge on my WAM for 2004 s1 AND 2004 s2, or only 2004 s1?

4. is accounting easy, hard, boring ... ? did anyone get 100, and how many failed the courses?

5. is commerce good? is it useful, easy, hard, boring .. ? ;)

been thinkin about these things, asked many people about it, yet somehow despite their thorough explanations, still a bit confused. maybe it's better if conversations are put down on topics like forums ;).

cheers

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
underthesun said:
4. is accounting easy, hard, boring ... ? did anyone get 100, and how many failed the courses?
its definately not hard. its boring and if you dont go crazy you can do well in it. i dont think too many people fail this.

MuSaRuRWa

uts,

1. u dont have to approach the comm faculty ... u need to email ken, the program director of seng. more details on how to transfer can be found on http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/seng/ under the news section

2. u cant make it with a 65 wam. need 75 or more. but i would say 73+ should get u there

3. if u have a 75 wam at the moment, then go for it now. otherwise, if u transfer end of the yr, i will be judged based on both s1 and s2

4. accounting = boring. if i were u, i'd do microeconomics, its easier to score in, atleast for me.

5. commerce is useful. it being easy, hard or boring would depend on ur major.

maybe i should also note that for ur seng electives (in 3rd / 4th yrs), if u choose atleast 3uoc worth of INFSxxxx courses, u will automatically get a minor in information systems as a part of ur comm degree

hope this helps
:)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
3. if u have a 75 wam at the moment, then go for it now. otherwise, if u transfer end of the yr, i will be judged based on both s1 and s2
oh! i emailed ken already, but:

partial message by ken:
I honestly don't know the answer to that question. The point is that
it's Commerce's decision not mine. I've asked Commerce how they plan
to handle cases like yours, but I haven't received an answer yet.
I'll keep asking.
looks like no response yet.. but i'll wait. thanks for the info people :).

MuSaRuRWa

u'd be in a good position if u actually apply for a transfer to straight commerce thru uac. if u make it to that, u dont have to accept the offer, but use the letter from uac to show to the comm ppl and tell em that u're good enough to be doing comm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)