• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tuition | 99.8 ATAR | 3 State Ranks | Legal (99) English Adv (97) Modern History (97) (1 Viewer)

MumboJumbo

HSC
Hey!

I am offering tuition for English Advanced, English Extension 1, Legal Studies, and Modern History. As indicated by my choice of degree - Arts/Law - I am passionate about English, History and Law, and will utilise this to ensure the best possible results for those who choose to be tutored by me. My personal results in these subjects in the 2014 HSC:

Legal Studies: 99 (1st in State)
Modern History: 97 (7th in State)
English Advanced: 97 (13th in State)
English Extension 1: 47/50
English Extension 2: 49/50 (Nominated for Young Writer’s Showcase)

In addition to these marks and state ranks, I was ranked first in all of the above subjects internally. I will mentor you to achieve the highest level of success that you are capable of, offering help with current assessments, whilst also working towards achieving success in the final HSC exam. This will be achieved through continual refinement of notes, essays and practice responses, as well as helping you with areas of subjects that you are not confident in.

Note:

English Advanced: I will be able to tutor all topics for both year 11 and 12.

English Extension One: I will only be offering tuition for those studying Romanticism, as this was the topic which I personally undertook, and thus have a deep understanding of - context and a thorough understanding of the era, not just the texts, is essential for Extension One, and thus I would not want to limit your success by attempting other topics.

Legal Studies: Tutoring can take place for all topics within the Legal Studies syllabus, as I believe I will be able to guide you in mastering exam technique and essay success, regardless of the content. The core topics, Crime and Human Rights, are particularly important to gain a thorough understanding of, in addition to understanding what is required of you in the exam, and I will aid you in this task. I personally studied Consumer and Family for my option topics, but I can tutor those undertaking any others, as well.

Modern History: I personally studied Germany, Leni Riefenstahl and Indochina, and these are the three topics with which I am confident in tutoring students in. Additionally, work on the core section of World War One is essential to boosting your marks, and I can aid you in creating responses that adhere to the standards of HSC markers.

Fees/Location/Contact

***NOT CURRENTLY TAKING ANY EXTRA STUDENTS***

I will be charging $25/hr for individual tuition.
Locations are flexible, and tuition can be completed at libraries or houses within the regions of St George, and Canterbury-Bankstown.
For further details, please contact me at: sktutoring@outlook.com

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Tuition | 99.8 ATAR | 3 State Ranks | Legal (99) English Adv (97) Modern Hist...

Wow!

BUMP for amazing marks and insanely competitive rates :D

MumboJumbo

HSC
Re: Tuition | 99.8 ATAR | 3 State Ranks | Legal (99) English Adv (97) Modern History

Thanks! :D

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Tuition | 99.8 ATAR | 3 State Ranks | Legal (99) English Adv (97) Modern History

Wow, this rate will not last long at all. Absolutely amazing.

MumboJumbo

HSC

Thanks, strawberrye! :)

Constantine

HSC

Bump for my favourite intelligence spy.

I was fortunate enough to be in the same class with this guy for pretty much all the subjects we took and he is, without a doubt, one of the most naturally gifted individuals I know in English and pretty much all subjects under the humanities category. Throughout Year 12 he helped me in English and Modern History by refining and offering valuable suggestions for my essays and creative writing piece for advanced (my personal weak spot). Whenever he read over my work and gave me feedback afterwards, the change in quality is amazing. I believe it was with his continuous help that underpinned my ability to achieve the highest band in Eng Adv, Ext and MH. I definitely wouldn't have achieved such strong results without his guidance.

Don't let his results intimidate you as his accessible and friendly personality will only further underpin his extensive knowledge in the subjects offered and techniques in maximising one's ability to fully unleash their personal best. You will find with his easygoing and patient character that you are gaining invaluable command over your chosen subject rather than sitting through hours of dull 'tutoring'.

For the quality of service he is able to offer, and at such a bargain, I would look no further.

MumboJumbo

HSC

Wow, thanks! It was a pleasure to help you. :D

Frostyblizzard

HSC

I was given the pleasure to actually sit next to this 1st in State Legal Studies guy that offered me extensive knowledge about the Legal Studies curriculum and the know-how to tackle a diverse range of essay questions. His effort and diligence motivated my half-hearted attitude towards the subject, which allowed me to achieve a band 6 in such a theory-heavy course. In addition between classes, his fine critique and serious approach over my english essays, especially the creative writing, benefited my overall writing skill.

I owe him my thanks and appreciation to my successful HSC, and would greatly recommend him for his quality teachings.

Constantine

HSC

... His effort and diligence motivated my half-hearted attitude towards the subject, which allowed me to achieve a band 6 in such a theory-heavy course...
Half hearted attitude
+ 1

All Mr. Blizzard ever cared about were the case studies.
Answered all questions with 'refer to textbook'.

MumboJumbo really saved us.

Last edited:

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC

Hello MumboJumbo :)

What subjects did you do for the HSC?

Traceynguyen

HSC

Hey my name is tracey, i know this is quite late towards my hsc but could u please tutor me for modern history? I also emailed you too my contact number is 0405 648 919, and my topics for modern are ww1, germany, leni riefenhstahl, conflict in indochina. Im willing to pay $25 an hr and travel to bankstown library or parramatta library thankyou :)

alanqian

HSC
N/A

Hello,

I am in Mortdale area, can go to Hurstville. Are you still taking student for Modern History?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)