Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
yeah, thats not dangerous or stupid at all
especially since its a small ff car with minimal passenger safety equipment

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
DaddyK said:
Just bloody rip up the handbrake at 80 kays and hook the wheel....way funner than any turbo or exhaust.
Dangerous too.

Jiga

^

I would just disregard wat he says, jus talking sh*t.

OMG I want it... with a V6 engine. Why?! Why Toyota Australia? Give me back my V6 Camry!
Prity sure the U.S have the Camry with the same engine as our Aurion... so import it in lol! Not that it matters, we get the TRD Aurion and they dont... worth the sacrafice!

lengy

HSC
I know. But seriously if I had the money I'd do an engine swap. :p

CieL

HSC
Is the body of the stock Camry good to handle more power tho?

Jiga

I would assume so... Camrys generally are well built structually, there is one guy in the U.S with a Gen3 Camry with 450bhp.... surely the new Camry is more rigid then a 14year old car which can handle more power.

CieL

HSC
I dont think they handle so good..
So much roll.. car flops around everywhere..

Jiga

Roll isnt because of the body, thats suspension. Nothing lowered suspension / coilovers cant fix.... not mentioing the Sportivo already has this.

CieL

HSC
Different interpretation.. by body I meant everything.. not say, just the chassis or anything.. but the whole thing.. STOCK..

Cos lengy (or maybe it was someone else) wanted to just do an engine swap..

And even in my car I wouldnt just change the engine.. cos in corners I would just die..

Jiga

^

Oh lol mis-interpretation.... yeah for sure youd need to get the suspension lowered or whatever, the extra weight of the V6 engine would turn the car into a boat around corners. But its not just the 'camry', in any car you up the power you want better handling as well... suspension gives you heaps good handling, I dont think I could drive a non-lowered car again, its annoying cos you feel every bump in the road but when it comes to cornering it makes any car much more confident.

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
^

Oh lol mis-interpretation.... yeah for sure youd need to get the suspension lowered or whatever, the extra weight of the V6 engine would turn the car into a boat around corners. But its not just the 'camry', in any car you up the power you want better handling as well... suspension gives you heaps good handling, I dont think I could drive a non-lowered car again, its annoying cos you feel every bump in the road but when it comes to cornering it makes any car much more confident.
Yeah.. I agree.. I drove my bf's lowered car for a day [he was drinking].. and heh I thrashed it around corners.. got back to driving my own car and was disappointed.. but then again, I was majorly disappointed after driving a go-kart too.. After go-karting my car felt like... a boat on wheels... alot of roll, no grip... *sigh* after getting a taste of something better, this is just not enough..

lengy

HSC
Yeah I'm lucky in that every car I've driven has been shitter than my Camry which makes me love it more.

Jiga

Yeah I'm lucky in that every car I've driven has been shitter than my Camry which makes me love it more.
Yeah SO true... I drive my mums car and a friends Commodore, when I go back to mine its way better. And its not a getting use to thing, it is just a great car to drive... I didnt even test drive it before I bought it (my mum did) but I easily got it home from day 1. Cant say the same for my friends Commodore, uncomfortable, crappy handling, floaty steering wheel, rough engine/transmission etc.

*sigh* after getting a taste of something better, this is just not enough..
Lol true, same for power... start with a 4 cylinder and think its great, get a V6 and think thats great, then want a V8 etc. Its a never ending battle!

Last edited by a moderator:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Yeah.. I agree.. I drove my bf's lowered car for a day [he was drinking].. and heh I thrashed it around corners.. got back to driving my own car and was disappointed.. but then again, I was majorly disappointed after driving a go-kart too.. After go-karting my car felt like... a boat on wheels... alot of roll, no grip... *sigh* after getting a taste of something better, this is just not enough..
I dunno about u but after go-karting, my car seat felt like a luxury recliner (much to the appreciation of my butt), my steering wheel felt like a Playstation "Dual Shock" controller (as opposed to a lawn mower in terms of "vibration") and I never realised how great it is to have a windshield to stop bugs and other crap getting into your eyes/nose/mouth.

lengy

HSC
lol i guess some prefer comfort and some prefer sports.

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
I dunno about u but after go-karting, my car seat felt like a luxury recliner (much to the appreciation of my butt), my steering wheel felt like a Playstation "Dual Shock" controller (as opposed to a lawn mower in terms of "vibration") and I never realised how great it is to have a windshield to stop bugs and other crap getting into your eyes/nose/mouth.
Well.. I wasnt feeling so great after go-karting.. so my car didnt really feel good.. [due to 3 bruises down my spine from the go-kart chair, and 7 blisters on my hands from the steering wheel which felt like gripping concrete].. but yeah, I appreciated the fact that my car covered my body from the road.. I cant believe how much tar and gunk from the road flew onto my clothes, now I gotta chuck those clothes away cos it's stained foreverrrr

Jiga

^

Lol you guys had it rough... try go-kartin in the rain. I was totally SOAKED, everyone was spinning out, went through about 6 chains/belts cos they snapped. I was proud though, never spun out once, coupla fishtales at some hairpins but never completely lost it. Suffered some whiplash though, a guy spun out rite in front, hit him hard... those things goes prity fast!

CieL

HSC
My go karting place was crap.

It was tiny.... cos it was indoors.... hence every turn was a hairpin.... loved it cos most of the people I played with took the turn too wide n I'd just overtake them at the apex..
On average, one lap was around 22secs for me.. track record was 20secs..

But I didnt have any problems with my kart.. cos we got some brand new ones, a week old..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)