• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Turning things around... (1 Viewer)

Green Beats

HSC
So after a lacklustre year in terms finding motivation to study and consequently some sub-par yearly results, I have once again decided (50th times a charm right?) to switch to try hard mode and hopefully finish off the HSC strongly. The subjects I am doing HSC are:
Mathematics
Physics
Chemistry
Music 1
English Advanced

I'm curious to know how many hours I should be spending on each subject (initially) and whether anyone has any tips for each subject or the mammoth task of getting my HSC back on track :) Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I know for Maths that you should at least study/go over what you did a minimum of 1 HOUR PER DAY (This is what the Board of Studies NSW recommends)

HSC
You can't quantify the number of hours you study as it is different for all people.

What you must do is work on areas which you are struggling in and constantly do past papers.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
That's good to hear dude and I wish you the best of luck with your endeavours :D

As for the amount of hours you should do just allocate different times to different subjects and see which combination works best for you :D

missawesome

HSC
I was on the same boat as you when I was in year 11. Just work your butt off that's all I can say because after the HSC you will be free for 3 months and you can do whatever you want. And the parts that you know you are weaker on- work on them especially, past papers, reviews. I think a lot of it is also the mentality, be confident and do your personal best :) Sorry I don't give good advice but I moved up more than 40 places this year in Chemistry so it can happen. Don't give up hope! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)