• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

turnitin (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
hey is there a way of using "turnitin" without a password and stuff- coz i wanna submit a couple of my hsc assignments and see if it picks up the plagiarism or not. ;)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
hey is there a way of using "turnitin" without a password and stuff- coz i wanna submit a couple of my hsc assignments and see if it picks up the plagiarism or not. ;)
lol nope, you need to be registered in the classes, and they need to have assignments open for you to submit to.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
lol nope, you need to be registered in the classes, and they need to have assignments open for you to submit to.
darn!! what if i can get a friend who has acess to turnitin to do it for me? :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
darn!! what if i can get a friend who has acess to turnitin to do it for me? :p
no, coz then theres gotta be an assignment area open for him/her to submit it to, and then they won't be able to submit their proper assignment, and their lecturer will think their wierd ;)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
In Uni, we hand in a hard copy of assignments so how do they use "turnitin" ? Scan it or something?

LOL, I am just curious :D

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by perfectionist
In Uni, we hand in a hard copy of assignments so how do they use "turnitin" ? Scan it or something?

LOL, I am just curious :D
im not sure, coz we have to electronically submit our work to Turnitin....so maybe they scan it somehow...or get low paid workers to retype it or something...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
You can use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to turn a typed document back into digital... Adobe Acrobat has that feature.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
You can use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to turn a typed document back into digital... Adobe Acrobat has that feature.
well thats not reliable and plus- what if a person doesn't type up their assignments. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)