tutes in 1st week? (1 Viewer)

HSC
so any labs or tuts for my commerce degree next week ? :D

*dodges thrown fruit*

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Hmm... I don't mean to argue with anyone, but I'm sitting here looking at the yellow booklet I purchased from the BEES office for the Bios1201 course.
The first page is a time table, which states that the first hour of our three hour labs are "Tutorials/preparation". It also states that there is no practical component in the first week, but there is the first hour tutorial. ie, if you're lab is Tuesday 2-5, there is a tutorial at 2-3 (first week is "introduction: lab rules and safety") which goes for an hour. In the first week we will finish at three.
I'm not trying to be a smart arse or anything, I'm just telling you what I see here in black and white and hoping to clarify some stuff.
EDIT: Page 6/7 of the book: There are two types of tutorials in this course. Face-to-face tutorials. These are run for the first hour of the alloted practical class time

Last edited:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
In that case, follow what the book says. When I did it, BIOS1201 was under the control of BEES. Now BABS has taken over the course they change everything.

gman03

HSC
specialjenny said:
How do you exactly find out if you have tute or not?
You just go to your tute first week to find out. Sound silly but that how the rest of the class know (unless you get an email from th lecturer or the lecturer gives an announcement at the first lecture)

gman03

HSC
sikeveo said:
quick qu, are the biomedical theatres at the rear of campus?
Yes, third bus stop for 891, near clancy

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Though, lol we didn't even have the option of choosing tuts for BIOS1201, >< so we can't really go, I suppose the lecturer will clarify this tomorrow.

Also, just wondering is the WebCT Vista separate to the WebCT CE? Cos I tried logging into Vista, but it kept saying that my username/password was wrong...maybe our bios lecturer will advise us upon that.

Vylen

HSC
if anyone's doing MATH1081, there's only one tutorial in the first week (second half).... thats if anyone hasnt checked their uni mail for the news

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
redslert said:
There are NO labs or tuts for any commerce subject first week.
Dear Student,
This is an official University communication from the course authority for
MGMT1001 Fundamentals of Management in Semester 1 2006 Session S1

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TUTORIALS WILL COMMENCE IN WEEK ONE

THE COURSE WILL BE USING WEBCTVISTA FOR COMMUNICATING WITH STUDENTS. THE SITE WILL BE ACCESSIBLE FROM WEDNESDAY 22 FEBRUARY. ALL STUDENTS ARE ADVISED TO ACCESS THE SITE ON A REGULAR BASIS FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS AND FOR DOWNLOADING WEEKLY LECTURE NOTES
RAY DURHAM
COURSE COORDINATOR

edit: wait what?

http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/2006/MGMT1001.html

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)