TUTOR - Equal First in the World. HSC & IB (1 Viewer)

benb1990

HSC
Hey everyone,

I'm Ben, and I finished High School by studying for the International Baccalaureate Diploma in 2008, getting a score of 45/45 which is equal to a UAI of 99.95, ranking me equal first in the world. I went to Trinity Grammar School.
This year I will be undertaking a combined science-medicine degree at the University of Sydney. When I was at school, I was dux of my year in years 7-10 and Dux of Year 12.

What I am offering is tutoring for SC, HSC and IB in the Inner West area, that is affordable and of a high standard. I will teach you the tips and tricks I used to achieve my outstanding academic results, as well as the course material.
The subjects I offer are:

• English*
  • Maths (General, 2U and 3U)
  • Chemistry**
  • Physics**
  • German
  • Modern History (I studied WWI, The Inter-War Years, WWII, Hitler, Mussolini, Mao, Stalin, The Vietnam War, Russia 1850-1941 and Source Analysis)
  • Essay Writing
  • General Studying and Exam Taking Techniques
* It must be noted that since I did not study the HSC, my knowledge of the English course is not 100% but I do know how to study English works and can definitely impart this knowledge on to you.

** The Chemistry and Physics which I studied goes far beyond the HSC course, and actually delves into material that is studied at university. I've effectively studied first year University Chemistry and Physics already. Few other tutors my age can say that.

UPDATE At the moment I am unable to take on any more students, however come Second Semester (June) I may be able to take on one or two extra students

I have found that I can easily grasp and communicate the ideas and concepts necessary for YOU to gain marks. Evidence might be seen in the fact that I taught a friend of mine the majority of the IB History Syllabus the morning of our final exam and he passed a subject he was quite worried about.

Tutoring with me gets you things like notes, past papers, study tips and tricks, as well as online (MSN) support.

So, if you're interested, just send me a PM. I also offer group (2-3 people) tutoring, at a special rate.

Cheers,

Ben

Last edited:

benb1990

HSC
45 in the IB is.
It's converted to a UAI of 99.95 for the stupid reason that some people who do the IB and get a UAI conversion don't sit the SC (cos they're international) and for some reason that scales it down. That's the best explanation I've heard of it so far. In every other state, 45 is converted to the top TER anyway (e.g. Victoria it is an ENTER of 99.95, which is the maximum there).

Last edited:

bored.of.u

HSC
i love how people who have just finished the hsc think they can be a best tutors xD...btw congrats on equal first in the world =D

dp624

HSC
In the IB, how hard is it to get the maximum mark in each subject? As in, how many people get 10/10 (or whatever) for english?
It seems like there'd be hundreds of people on 45

Last edited:

benb1990

HSC
There is no scaling so technically everyone can get maximum marks for any subject. I guess it's fairer that way because nothing is seen as a better/worse subject than others. But of course some subjects ARE easier to get marks in - for example it is way easier to get a 7 (maximum grade) in Standard Level Biology than it is to get one in Higher Level Chemistry, but hard work in any subject gets marks. Globally, the scores fit a bell curve - more people get scores of around 3-5 out of 7 (Each subject gets a final Grade out of 7 (like Bands 1-6) plus 3 marks for an Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge), and fewer get really low marks and the same goes for really high marks.
Also, only like 21 people in the world (out of tens of thousands of candidates),got 45 for the November Exam Session (there are exams in May and November) so that's roughly the same to the number of people who got 100 UAI in the HSC. About 12 or so of these 45s were from Australia. I think there were like 4 from NSW.

arjungamer123

HSC
Lol at everyone disputing the credibility of IB. IB destroys HSC in almost every single way. It's essentially university prep courses fitted into a high school diploma. It should actually scale up, rather than scale down. In fact, schools in America and England often take scores of 7 in IB courses as credits for university 1st year studies, giving you way more free time to do other stuff.

benb1990

HSC
Lol at everyone disputing the credibility of IB. IB destroys HSC in almost every single way. It's essentially university prep courses fitted into a high school diploma. It should actually scale up, rather than scale down. In fact, schools in America and England often take scores of 7 in IB courses as credits for university 1st year studies, giving you way more free time to do other stuff.
cheers man i agree totally

arjungamer123

HSC
cheers man i agree totally
It's a bit late for me now, but I wish I could go back and do the IB. I hate the fucking history compnents of all the sciences, and examining the IB curiculum, I've noticed that history is not a big part of IB Sciences.

benb1990

HSC
lol there's no science history stuff. i think theres like an option on history of science but apart from that there is barely any stuff we get examined on that isnt wholly scientific. basically looking at the uni course outlines for pretty much every chemistry and physics unit (even chem adv) ive done at least 80% of the stuff already :D

benb1990

HSC
congrats on your results mate, you should be proud - outstanding, out-f*cking-standing (as they say in COD 5, lol)

what course you doin at uni?
hahah thanks man
im doing Combined BMedSc/MBBS at Sydney

Last edited:

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Exactly. It's not being arrogant and boasting, if you really ARE that good.
It's the way he says it
Fine, if he got 45/45 he can say that
But first in the world, is that necessary?
Sounds like what a little kid would say

And btw, like what the previous poster had said
100 UAI is first in NSW.

arjungamer123

HSC
It's the way he says it
Fine, if he got 45/45 he can say that
But first in the world, is that necessary?
Sounds like what a little kid would say

And btw, like what the previous poster had said
100 UAI is first in NSW.
When people say 99.9 UAI, they're saying they're better than 99.875% of the state. No real difference.

Lukybear

HSC
I loled at tile. "Equal first in the World", it sounds to try hardish... no offence, thats a great achievement and all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)