Tutor for COMPOSITION/MUSICOLOGY for Music 1/2/Extension (1 Viewer)

ochaguy

HSC
UPDATE: I regret to inform you that I no longer offer tutoring services as of 2015.

Hey there,

I'm Shaun and I am offering tutoring for COMPOSITION and MUSICOLOGY for students undertaking the HSC Music 1/2 and extension courses.

Many of you will question the need for tutoring for these subjects, but past students and peers all agree that one teacher cannot possibly give their full attention given the diverse nature of the subject, particularly for composition.

My services include:

* Will be able to critically and constructively help to develop musical compositions with the student

* Will be able to efficiently score and edit the piece on computer using Sibelius 6 software - (can convert from Finale)

* Will be able to render the finished composition into .mp3/.wav using world reknowned synthesier - Propellerhead Reason - (optional should the student choose to record the composition live)

* Will be able to enhance the student's logbook throughout the creation process

* Will be able to provide assistance with musicology and music theory concepts to prepare the student for aural and written examination (Music 1/2)

My credentials:

* FOUR/FOUR compositions (2x Music 2, 2x Music Extension) nominated for ENCORE 2010

* 49/50 in Music extension (Composition)

* 96/100 in Music 2

* Grade 6 Theory (Associated Board of Royal School of Music - London AMEB equivalent) -

* Currently studying Grade 7 Theory

* Grade 8 solo piano - Distinction (Trinity Guildhall College - UK AMEB equivalent)

* Offered a unique position in the Conservatorium High School for COMPOSITION - 2008

* Graduated from JAMES RUSE AGRICULTURAL HIGH SCHOOL - 2009 with band 6s in English, English Extension, Music 2, Music Extension and Geography

I am willing to tutor in the:

Northen area: Epping library, Hornsby library, Peanant Hills library
North Shore area: Turramurra library, Gordon Library, Linfield library
Inner city: UNSW library - (by special request only)

Further locations are availble and are negotiable.

* An initial lesson (45 mins) will be provided at NO cost and will charge $25 - $35 per hr (negotiable)

If you are interested, or have any queries, do not hesistate to email to me at:
happy_shaun@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Shaun

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)