Tutor wanted for Mac Uni subject (Industiral Economics) (1 Viewer)

kinglouse

HSC
N/A
I'm after a tutor to provide 3-5 hours (possibly more) of tuition each week for a subject called "Industrial Organization" from the School of Economics. The student is after assistance with an assignment as well as tuition for the final exam.

Pay will be negotiable, based on qualifications. It would be highly desirable that you have studied and passed this subject before.

We're willing to pay between $20-30 an hour depending on qualifications and willingness to travel to Strathfield (verses on campus, which is an option too if you can't travel).

Bonuses will apply if the student passes (negotiable, but up to $500).

Please email me at kinglouse@gmail.com or ring me on 0413 800 844.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Dammit, why can't we have people from Media asking for this shit.

Tabris

HSC
I would provide free advice and help on this subject just to prevent the student from being gobsmacked when he/she sees the final

Last edited:

kinglouse

HSC
N/A
Tabris said:
I would provide free advice and help on this subject just to prevent the student from being gobsmacked when he/she sees the final
Hi, would you be able to tell me a little more? How did you perform in the final?

Tabris

HSC
I barely passed, but it was close.

I did well to begin with, i did my critical analysis on the Market for Lemons and executive pay for assignment, got a D/HD in both.

But i was stunned pretty badly for the final (and also i was seriosuly sick), i thought i actually failed it pretty bad, somehow, it all got scaled down to a low pass.

I cant offer full tuition, but my email and msn details under my user profile, if u have queries.

I consider this the first real economics unit where they focus nearly evreything on critical analysis and not rote learning/regurgitation thats rampant in econ1xx and econ2xx.

I was also astounded by the fact that the convenor offered a personal service to write and send you personal feedback on your entire answers from the exam and tell you where you did wrong or why you failed.

Last edited:

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I wouldn't teach economics subjects simply coz they pretty much piss me off lol, but what qualifications would you need to tutor acst subs/stat subs etc? Is it just a set requirement (eg if you get D in a random subject, they'd let you teach it)?

kinglouse

HSC
N/A
Yes generally it's desired that if you want to tutor a subject - either formally through the university or informally - you should have studied the subject before hand.

For easier subjects this probably doesn't apply though, for example an introductory subject to computing could probably be handled by anyone that's been in the industry for long enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)