tutorial prior to lecture? (1 Viewer)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
hey guys, i think this has been started somewhere, but i cant seem to find the thread.

i have just been filling out my timetable and i suppose it isn't all bad, except for my introduction to policing practice layout..
with everything else i have a lecture before a tutorial, but now i have for IPP, i have my lecture at 3pm - 4pm and the only remaining tutorials are before this, pretty much on the monday leading up to the lecture..
is this normal?? should i call UWS or what? please help me out... thanks.

Kulazzi

HSC
yes, that's fine. They'll just go over the material from your lecture before your tute. So if you had your lecture on wed arvo, then the tute you'll have on wed morn will go over your lect notes from the previous week. The lecr you'll have on the same day after your tute, will touch on a different topic

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
so it will just take a whole week to get back to the IPP lecture notes.. cool..
thanks kulazzi =)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Kulazzi said:
yes. The tutes only cover your lectures. no worries :)
yeah i guessed as much, i just thought that the tut. would be closer to the actual lecture its related to..

Last edited:

Optophobia

HSC
Hey,

Two of my subjects are fine, but at the top of the timetable, it says "BANKSTOWN STUDENTS MUST HAVE TUTORIALS ON THE SAME DAY AS THEIR LECTURE".. but they were all booked out? So i had to book tutorials for the day after my lecture for two of my subjects...

Which was strange anyway, seeing as the "foundations of Australian policing" and "introduction to policing practice" course only has one lecture.. so if you aren't aloud tutorials on a day that you don't have the lecture for that subject (which i have had to break anyway, due to there being no more vacancies left on the day of the lecture) why do they offer them? :S

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
yeah there are a few things which seem weird about the whole lect. tutorial thing.
are u going to the orientation day on the 23rd? im going to be asking all my questions then..

dishi

HSC
Kulazzi said:
The lecr you'll have on the same day after your tute, will touch on a different topic

my lecture starts at 2 and ma tut finishes 1.30 in other words ma tute IS b4 ma lecture but on the same day

does dat mean during the lecture a different topic will be discussed? :burn:

Kulazzi

HSC
yes, but you should check when your tutes start. Some units (such as psychology) don't have tutes until week 2 of uni.

dishi

HSC
well ma tute starts at 12 and the subject is media and visual cultures

i wanted to change it coz the lecture dat was available finishes at 5, the day b4 ohhhhhhh so confused der is one spot left shud i change it bak to dat den?

dishi

HSC
ah well screw it i changed it bak....der was one spot left and there are still 96 spots left in the other so if i change ma ill change it bak again lol its just im worried abt da fact dat theyr both gonna talk abt diff topics.....how fukd up is dat....ill fall behind den....ow well we ll see

Kulazzi

HSC
you really won't fall behind, so will everyone else in your tute. It's just that the other class will have notes from their tutes before you do (so then you can kind of find out tute h/w etc. beforehand) ;) :p

dishi

HSC
welllll argghhhh i did change it but on tue ma australia tut finishes at 4 and ma ma media lect starts at the same time, on the same day so ill just leave it yeh hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm oh god

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)