• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tutoring and university (1 Viewer)

brad616

HSC
I just wanted to know how common or uncommon tutoring is at university. My mum keeps insisting on me getting tutored at uni but I think its completely ridiculous. :rofl:

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I once tutored a girl in one of my classes before an assesment because she had missed alot of classes due to sickness, and was not sure about databases, so showed her it all, because i am good at computers, but other then that i do not know if people get professionally tutored, i think it is more friends helping friends out

ascentyx

HSC
i personally think it becomes a bit ridiculous continuing with tutoring. like honestly are you going to get tutoring when u finally have a job to make sure you go well enough :p

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
At unsw there's (free) peer tutoring programs for 1st yr. Not sure about other unis.
Most unis have consultation time with lecturers and you can email and stuff like that, so there's really no reason to get paid tutors at uni.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Be careful when you're tutoring at university. A lot of people asking for it is implicitly saying "do my assignment for me!". Desperate students who realized after nearly an entire semester that they haven't even understood the basics of their course and can't do their assignments often ask for tutoring towards the end of the semester, most of them are beyond beyond help...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)