Tutoring Centres (1 Viewer)

Kurrison

HSC
Hi everyone,
I want to know which tutoring centre is the better one? When I am transferring to top selective high school, so do you reckon Talent 100, Matrix Education, Project Academy and Arts of Smart is more beneficial and useful for me? If you had gone one of those tutoring services before, please tell me what your opinion about them was. Additionally, I am trying to avoid rude tutoring service, not a good quality of education, and teachers are unhelpful something like that.

vishnay

God
HSC
Depends on your subjects. You've mentioned a lot of tutoring centres that are classified as brand name tutoring centres. These tutoring centres are a bit of a hit or miss as you can get really good teachers or some really dodgy ones. Personally, I've never been to any of these tutoring centres but I'm from a selective school and no-one, literally no-one goes to these tutoring centres. It also depends on what school you're going to as some tutoring centres cater to specific top selective schools and others just don't care enough to start a new class just for people from your school.

Kurrison

HSC
My subjects:
English U3, Maths U3, Economics, Biology and (PDHPE or History)

I had read the reviews from those tutoring centres, and it turned out there are a lot of positive reviews regarding the environment, teachers and students. I got accepted into four schools; Baulko, Normo, Sydney Boys and Sydney Grammar. I heard Project Academy have their Normo class that only for who attends Normo.

idkkdi

HSC
My subjects:
English U3, Maths U3, Economics, Biology and (PDHPE or History)

I had read the reviews from those tutoring centres, and it turned out there are a lot of positive reviews regarding the environment, teachers and students. I got accepted into four schools; Baulko, Normo, Sydney Boys and Sydney Grammar. I heard Project Academy have their Normo class that only for who attends Normo.
once you start going to the school, you will have a rough sense of where everyone goes tutoring. maybe not the best idea to blindly follow the pack, but most follow the pack.

Kurrison

HSC
True, but I want a jumpstart before I am going to school. So I will not get any pressure from much academic competition

idkkdi

HSC
True, but I want a jumpstart before I am going to school. So I will not get any pressure from much academic competition
there's going to be pressure regardless.

dunno about where the baulko people go tho. economics and bio - generally not many people go tutoring. maths - du/kurt/ngo is generally popular. english - private, maybe delta? not sure about the tutoring around north-west.

Last edited:

Kurrison

HSC
Well, it will be less pressure.
I think it does not matter where they go, well I am pretty sure it is in Epping or Parramatta area. Generally, many people go to Project Academy or Talent 100, bro those tutoring services you mentioned are not in my area.

beetree1

HSC
Well, it will be less pressure.
I think it does not matter where they go, well I am pretty sure it is in Epping or Parramatta area. Generally, many people go to Project Academy or Talent 100, bro those tutoring services you mentioned are not in my area.
where do you live

beetree1

HSC
I would recommend Ngo and sons for maths (Parramatta & Hurstville) - they are very good at disciplining their children and motivating you to study (you will understand what I mean when you go to the entrance exam). Best tutoring centre by far and I actually aspire to teach here, they're that good.

For english, I recommend the brain education (Burwood & Hurstville) - they are super nice yet good at teaching, most selective school students go here, including ruse.

For economics, I recommend Project Academy (Chatswood) - the head is really smart and knows what he is doing .

For bio, i think you can get by through self studying, pretty sure its just a matter of memorisation - same goes for PDHPE.

Kurrison

HSC
I know that tutoring service, wow i do not know you work there haha, but the thing is it is so far away from where I live XD. Bruh, again Brain Education is so far away from where I live. Yeah I am thinking about going to Project Academy or Matrix Education, Talent 100 and Art of Smart

idkkdi

HSC
I would recommend Ngo and sons for maths (Parramatta & Hurstville) - they are very good at disciplining their children and motivating you to study (you will understand what I mean when you go to the entrance exam). Best tutoring centre by far and I actually aspire to teach here, they're that good.

For english, I recommend the brain education (Burwood & Hurstville) - they are super nice yet good at teaching, most selective school students go here, including ruse.

For economics, I recommend Project Academy (Chatswood) - the head is really smart and knows what he is doing .

For bio, i think you can get by through self studying, pretty sure its just a matter of memorisation - same goes for PDHPE.
ohhh. the disciplining thing. they whack a ruler around right?

beetree1

HSC
I know that tutoring service, wow i do not know you work there haha, but the thing is it is so far away from where I live XD. Bruh, again Brain Education is so far away from where I live. Yeah I am thinking about going to Project Academy or Matrix Education, Talent 100 and Art of Smart
Oop thats actually so unfortunate, you have to go to the white tutoring centres loll. I dont work there lol I want to though.

Kurrison

HSC
Well, I am thinking about going to Project Academy since there are so many selective kids attends to project academy not just works, very social place and have own studying place with 1000 notes on their Ipads.

helloxdxd

HSC

But would you still recommend going to the brain for english tutoring in year 11 if you dont attend the schools that they offer specific classes for eg. attending the normal english advance class? and also is burwood or Hurstville better?

beetree1

HSC
But would you still recommend going to the brain for english tutoring in year 11 if you dont attend the schools that they offer specific classes for eg. attending the normal english advance class? and also is burwood or Hurstville better?
I actually dont know about the normal english class, because I dont have friends whose schools arent offered by the brain. I would enquire the front desk about joining whatever school best fits what texts you will be studying in year 11. I do recommend going for year11 though because it is good prep for year 12 :)

thisischris

HSC
Everyone is different. Try different centres with a free trial and then decide.. It doesn't cost you anything and you can pick who suits you best.

Semkeluise

HSC
When choosing tutoring services, I look at several aspects. First of all, a good tutoring center has a base of highly qualified professionals who love their work. It is also important to have the opportunity to study online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)