• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tutoring for COMP115 (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
CieL said:
Anyways.. I was talking to my friend today, and some guy told her that he failed 115 three times before he could do 125

EDIT: Is this a core unit? Can't you push it back to say, next yearrrr..?
Why would you push it back? You might as well just do it now, it's really not hard at all. On the contrary, it was the most enjoyable unit I did in 1st year.

Anyone who fails anything more than once shouldn't be at uni.

KUTAY: Your Inbox is full. I'm free 4pm-5pm tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kutay

University
HSC
Oh K cool :) were do you wanna meet up, best place would be in the computerlab so can see... i have been looking over book and stuff and getting better understanding but need some more guidance.

shole

HSC
N/A
christophe has good notes but his assignments are such a bitch

Kutay said:
hey i have a question, just wondering what

#include <iomanip> is used for?
iomanip is used for formatting
ie. fixed, setw, left/right justify etc

comp115 isn't too bad
just need to do all the work

^___^
HSC
Kutay said:
yeah 80% of people who have had some experience in comp programming hah
not really
alot of students that passed 115, never had experience with programming..

and no, SDD is not programming, it rarely helps in 115 anyway

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
sukiyaki said:
please put ze cat outside

lol
ahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahhahhahahahhahahahaahahah

I remember him saying that once. :D:D:D

clubmaqr09

HSC
N/A
ahhh, helpme post number 1, a few weeks into sem1!!! My trouble is installing the Dev-cpp and cygwin stuff @ home. I'm always getting the pause error that the FAQ for the install talks about, no matter how i install it. Having very limited computer programming skillz doesn't help, as i tried to google a solution but all the answers were not friendly. Any1 had success???

CrashOveride

HSC
clubmaqr09 said:
ahhh, helpme post number 1, a few weeks into sem1!!! My trouble is installing the Dev-cpp and cygwin stuff @ home. I'm always getting the pause error that the FAQ for the install talks about, no matter how i install it. Having very limited computer programming skillz doesn't help, as i tried to google a solution but all the answers were not friendly. Any1 had success???
I had some problems setting it up last year also. For $30/hour I could help you do this and work through your assignment.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
CrashOveride said:
I had some problems setting it up last year also. For $30/hour I could help you do this and work through your assignment.
hahahahhahahhahahhahahha

Dude, you gotta be kidding.

shole

HSC
N/A
clubmaqr09 said:
follow the installation guide where the download link is
don't just install it and load it up
you have to disable/enable some things

Hobbsee

HSC
I'm liking doing 155 at the moment...might unofficially switch to 155 though - seeing as it's too late to change officially.

As for that assignment, it compiled on my home system, and in one of the labs in E6A, but not the other lab. Nor on the marker's computer.

Fortunately, emails sort all this out - so everyone CHECK YOUR UNI EMAIL! It automarked the second time they tried. Fortunately.

clubmaqr09

HSC
N/A
I fixed my problem. I just copied cygwin and dev-cpp from a uni computer (about 150 mb). Also, at uni the new config files are under default user in docs and settings. don't know if that means anything but everything works fine now.

Hobbsee

HSC
yeah, done it.

Almost got full marks for it - except that it said the highest prime factor of a prime number (say, 37), was 1, not 37. So I fixed that, and its' in and ready for the next checkpoint.

Just break it up into little chunks, the first two sections are pretty easy, the third is a bit harder. Just dont leave it till the last minute, and you'll be fine!

Oh yeah, you might end up finding me around the computer labs a bit (E6A 112 usually) - i try to read the slides there, as i dont go to the lectures much, but I always seem to help out other people instead...

And to the people who do ask for help - do actually have a look at the assignment first, and think about it - i'm not going to do the entire assignment/weekly prac for you - sheesh!

[/rant]

clubmaqr09

HSC
N/A
Yeah, the assignments not too hard, only a couple of hours (of my bloody holidays!!) work. From the hint in the FAQ about >65 ACSII characters and p1177 of text, there are also other non alpha characters in ACSII that are not under 65. Do u think we'd be expected to make sure they don't get picked up too? like [ ] \ | { } and some others. Wouldn't be too hard to code i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)