Tutoring for ip? (1 Viewer)

Wannabee

HSC
Do any of you do/did you get private classes for your ip? did they help? how much did it cost? did they just help get the performance polished or did they help you create it? thanks.

Nightsarah

HSC
People have to be really careful with tutoring for it I suppose.
They wouldn't be able to help you create it and I don't think youre able to seek professionals advice - let alone pay for it.
I thought it was something you were meant to come up with on your own.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Group Project must be completely self devised. IP I'm pretty sure can have as much tutoring as possible, as long as you remain the director, and log everything that tutors do with you on your piece.

rachellyrachel

HSC
I did my HSC a few years ago and didnt get tutoring for my IP but as long as you are the one doing the work there shouldnt be a problem.

Ive never tutored an HSC piece, but Ive tutored several other performance pieces and generally Ive found the best way to go about it is to talk to the student about their ideas and where they want to take them, recommend some reading/research ideas, especially looking at production elements, then talk them through the writing process. As long as your tutor doesnt actually create anything, but simply fine-tunes your work and helps to clarify the themes and objectives of the piece, you should be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)