Tutors vs Electronic Tutours (1 Viewer)

Hombre

I am falling behind in maths and I think I need something other than the text book alone to help me.

Ive seen ads for those computer maths aids, are they any good or should I just get a normal tutuor?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Normal tutor = responsive to your needs.
Comp tutor = snake oil.

Hombre

its like a program u use on ur puter that is meant to explain stuff to you

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
yer i got 1 cos me 5 grand... well my parents, its alright, limited.... i dont use it much... mine has like work sheets that come with it... i do a few of em but their simple. they are better for my lil bro and sis thou... n have no 4u maths. normal tutor is better

Max Marks

Fairfield/Liverpool, Bankstown District, Prospect
Max Marks

Most people use computer tutors for primary school stuff and normal tutors for high schoool. Most people find it helps with basic understanding. If thats what your lacking i think it would be a good investment. But i don't think you should spend $5000, that seem ridiculous! (in my opinion) :)

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i didn my parents did, and its 4 ur schooling life and it is 4 me my bro my sis and my older sis(not anymore), but we did also get a tutor that came around 1ce a week n help all of us if we had a problem (the tut only last 4 2years)... but its alryt 4 basic shit...

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
ide rather spend $5000 on maths books, the most comfortable and unrunoutable pen, live under a huge tree ontop of a hill where the wind blows, a beautiful wife (which i wont buy ofcourse), and become the next genius.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
what about pen and paper and hours of practice? :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What about a blackboard in your head, hours to spend and a REALLY good memory?

I was on camp for about 3 days this week. When I was bored, I would do some maths in my head. :)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
i hate maths in my head, im really shit at it, but its good for 'stretching' your brain i think, *awaits scientific evidence*

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I was on camp for about 3 days this week. When I was bored, I would do some maths in my head. :)
My goodness, you're as sad as me.

[Had to do anything to block out the sound of classmates *attempting* to sing.]

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
It's probably better to stick with one-on-one tutors than go to a coaching tutorial in a room full of 15 other kids. After over a year there, and i "failed" tutoring. Yeah, that's right! They give out reports and i failed! Just coz i move on ahead and do all the exercises, then when he's going through all the questions SLOWLY on the board, i'm sitting there bored out of my mind. And because i don't ask any questions, he takes this as an indication that i don't do any work and hence me getting all "more effort required."

Enough about my rant. As i was saying, private tutors are so much better as you guys can work at your own pace and focus on the parts you have probs with. I'm not sure about electronic tutors, i've never really tried one before. Whatever you do, don't go to coaching clinics!

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i agree with tina - i went to a coaching thing like, oh i dunno, back in yr7 or something and it was awful. nobody learnt anything. it took me 3 lessons with a one-on-one tutor to learn what it took us 9 lessons in the group to do (and at the end none of us had actually gotten it, we just said we did so we could move on!) :p

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
Slide Rule said:
What about a blackboard in your head, hours to spend and a REALLY good memory?

just plz tell me it wasn't a maths camp!!!
*shudder*
what the hell is wrong with you dude? oh, yes, i see - you have a blackboard in your head. well, that explains it i guess. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)