TV Aerial (1 Viewer)

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Ok. So I'm in a regional broadcasting area and most of the time the TV reception is good but for some reason in the summer time the signal breaks up during the day and every now and then during the night.
A signal booster (or whatever it's called... you plug it into a powerpoint and bypass the coaxial cable through it) and it actually seems to make it worse...

Can anyone help, please?

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
UHF/VHF antenna for a HD Digital TV that also has Analog channels

The digital channels glitch and then we usually get fed up and switch to analog which still has lots of static but is a bit more bearable to watch/listen to

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Sorry I meant is it on the roof or rabbit ears, etc

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The 'improvement' crap that you plug in never seems to work - it's a scam for the elderly who use rabbit ears. In terms of getting it fixed, you'd need to get an electrician to probably re-wire it (or someone specialized with installing that kind of technology).

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
My money is on bad wiring or its getting old and busted

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
The 'improvement' crap that you plug in never seems to work - it's a scam for the elderly who use rabbit ears. In terms of getting it fixed, you'd need to get an electrician to probably re-wire it (or someone specialized with installing that kind of technology).
Not true, at my old place we were in a dead spot for everything(only one spot on our roof could even get satellite Internet) and we had a signal booster on our external aerial plus the pack in the wall. Without the plug in booster we couldn't actually get any channels what so ever.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
OK yep so just payed a bloke to fix it all up - much better

he re-did the coax cables and put up a new aerial
main problems he said were:
a. the aerial dick smith sold us wasn't working
b. the amplifier dick smith sold us was just the power pack thing; they told us that we just plug it in and we should get a better picture. he actually explained that when you plug it in, all it does is feed the electricity back into the coax cable, which without the actual amplifier on the roof/aerial, does nothing.

tl;dr - tv reception is brilliant and dick smith are dickheads.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
also: when he hooked up the tv in my room he dropped my ps3 :(
i haven't hooked it back up yet but i hope my baby is alright

sinicline1000

HSC
you'd need to get an electrician to probably re-wire it (or someone specialized with installing that kind of technology).

kelly tully

Banned
HSC
N/A
hahah he said it was fixed on the 4th of jan are u simple or what

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)