TV Prod Mid Year (1 Viewer)

whatsupdoctor

HSC
Hi. I was just wondering if CSU offered this course for mid year intake, and if so, how does the course differ from someone who started in February? Do you do the first semester in the second half of 2008 and then the second semester the next year? I've looked on the website but it doesn't have any information. What has the situation been in previous years re mid year intake? This course also doesn't have a UAI entry. Do we have to apply through UAC AND submit extra material? What would one say the minimum UAI requirement would be? I got 75 but am really interested in TV, always have been. I don't think anything studied at school should have any weighting on this specific course, and it's good that CSU doesn't have an official UAI, but what else do they look at? Thanks to anyone who replies.

whatsupdoctor

HSC
Hey. I was wondering how many people are admitted to this course every year. Also, how hard is it to get in? I know for Journalism at CSU it's good to have some work experience and everything. What sort of experience should one have before applying for the TV Production course? I have no experience. i would love to make my chances of getting in as high as possible, so what would you guys suggest? I'm really keen on this course, it's everything I want to do with my life, but I'm a little worried that I won't get in. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Sorry, doesn't look like they have a mid-year entry to TV Proddy.... only the Honours add-on bit.

http://www.csu.edu.au/student/midyear/courses/media.htm

Best to give the admin ppl a call to double check. The TV Proddy students I met were a world unto themselves (in a good way).

Maybe do a couple of Media or Journalism type subjects through Open Uni's (www.open.edu.au) whilst waiting for next year.... might increase your chances?

whatsupdoctor

HSC
Cool, thanks, I'll check that out! Do most people who get in have prior experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)