TV show revivals (1 Viewer)

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
No offence meant to any fans out there who actually like Neighbours, Home and Away, Big Brother and all the other Australian TV crap that has polluted the screen in recent years, BUT IT IS REALLY CRAP.
This thread was meant to be a petition for Captain Planet, (because as my avatar shows, I really miss that cartoon) but I was just wondering if people just wanted to share their thoughts on the good old tv shows that should make a comeback. I really do like Captain Planet, and many friends have also said that they miss it.
Other great shows from my childhood include Saved By The Bell (though it was in the 80s), Gumby (is that still on?), Mr. Squiggle....and so forth.
But it isn't just the fun, stupid children's shows that have been lacking of late, what about Scrubs? I do not understand why anyone would put such a good show on sooo damn late. Though it does give me an incentive to study until 11:30, it is ridiculous. It is my all-time favourite tv show, and I would much rather is was on at 10:30 than 11:30...
Yes, so that's what I think...
Anyone have any tv shows that they want to share/talk about/bring back????

fatmuscle

HSC
Captain Planet is the king!

I loved the old-school ABC shows.

I'm surprised you know 'Saved by the Bell' - that's relaly really old.

neafoo

HSC
saved by the bell is still on occassionally... back in the 05/06 summer holidays it was on at like 2 30 am every night ;D

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Sailor Moon :([/quote]

Though I don't agree with your taste in music, I do agree with Sailor Moon. It would have to be one of my favourite cartoons. A couple of years ago (like about 4?) it used to be on at 6am. Now, it's never on -> Darien (aka Tuskedo Mask) was a fine piece of ass!
It's a shame that the story got really complicated at the end, I had trouble following it, but still it was great. Fighting evil by moonlight, winning love by daylight, never running from real fight....
Hell yeah I remember Saved By The Bell. It was great and when it is occassionally on Nickelodeon, I still enjoy it! I always had a crush on Zack (Mark-Paul Gosselaar), but he was in the last season of NYPD Blue and in Commander in Chief and is looking better than ever. But yeah...
Arrested Development is good too. It should be on earlier than 12. That's all I got to say..

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
I also loved watching Captain Planet as well! It'd be cool if it came back!

dora_18

HSC
it WAS cool (like 10years ago!!) but i think at some point in your life you have to move past the cartoons....

nevertheless, i still like to watch "arthur" with my 4yr old sister sometimes :p
thats the only good cartoon for kids thesedays! other than that they all contain stupid plain things killing each other or farting on top of each other...and they wonder why kids thesedays have "issues" -i would too if thats the only tv i was able to watch

and yes...scrubs is AWESOME:D

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
The original Scooby Doo!

In contrast to the shows you mentioned, there have been really good Aussie TV. The Secret Life of Us is still one of my favourite shows...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Captain Planet is alright for novelty value but I doubt I would be able to sit through a whole entire episode now at age 19 though :p

Agree with Sailor Moon though. I went through an insane phase of colleting Sailor Moon merchandise when I was about 9 and although most of it has gone now (thrown out or lost), things still pop up like random playing cards :D

Saved By the Bell - :D :D

TV sucks these days. Neighbours, H and A, Big Brother, Futurama, all those CSI crap Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

HSC
i used to like captain planet.. but i wouldnt watch it now if it was to return.. bit too old for that now..

and futurama rocks.. love that show!!!!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Futurama > You
They should bring back Widget, that guy was badass

Some_Guy

HSC
OMG!! Bring back inspector gadget and ninja turtles!!
old school cartoons are the bomb!

Bananaman

HSC
N/A
Scrubs/Arrested Development.. Curb your enthusiasm.. All these shows that get shafted to late night viewing.. But I guess its good that theres things to watch late at night!

galadriel100

HSC
I still occasionally sing the Captain Planet Theme song...I heard someone else singing it at school the other day.
Sailor Moon used to be on in the mornings...not anymore.

Bring back :

Cheez TV! I'd watch TV in the mornings if it was on! What is with Toasted TV exactly?
Daria- I think it's on at 6am on Fridays-it needs a respectable time!
The Ferals- remember that? haha
The Big Arvo- I used to love watching that after school (There is NOTHING on in the afternoons anymore!). My fav part was "Bens Big Cookup"
Chuck Finn- Kind of embarassing to say that I liked that, but there you go!
Round The Twist!
There used to be this french show on the ABC-Rechole or something. I think that should be put back on!

Last edited:

frootloop

HSC
kate_is_me said:
Daria! :D She was awesome. Is that still on?
Daria's pretty cool. Alternative cool, not miss-popularity cool. Love her sarcasm and wit.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Daria
Babar (when i was really little)
Captain Planet
Feral TV
Saved by the Bell was pretty good!
Round the Twist
Heartbreak High was alright for a while
Power Rangers (the first one)
Arthur
Postman Pat!!!
Blink Bill

oh man, i can't think but there must be more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)