Two exchanges?? (1 Viewer)

georgia-ellen

HSC
Hey,

I was wondering about Uni exchange... if I was to do International and Global Studies/Law, which is 5 years, there's a compulsory semester abroad, I think around 4th year. Can I go on an exchange to the US in second year or something, and then do the 4th year exchange as well? Or are you only allowed to do one.

Thanks!:)

Peartie

HSC
it depends on your uni

at mac you can go on as many exchanges as you want so long as half of all credit points are completed at Macquarie... that being said it may be hard to do all your required subjects overseas...

but in theory YES you can, so long as your uni allows it

X

xeuyrawp

Hey,

I was wondering about Uni exchange... if I was to do International and Global Studies/Law, which is 5 years, there's a compulsory semester abroad, I think around 4th year. Can I go on an exchange to the US in second year or something, and then do the 4th year exchange as well? Or are you only allowed to do one.

Thanks!:)
Like was said, it depends on the uni.

Note however that you can only get OS-HELP (~$5000) twice.

georgia-ellen

HSC
thanks,

I'll look into macquarie. Does it have a good reputation?

Do you know if you can at Sydney?

And also, do you guys know anything about residential colleges at Sydney Uni?

X

xeuyrawp

thanks,

I'll look into macquarie. Does it have a good reputation?
No, not for law.

If you want to become a lawyer, you should look at Macquarie after Sydney, UNSW, and UTS. With regards to Sydney universities, Macquarie's really only seen as better infront of UWS.

As for the international studies bit, essentially all the Sydney unis are the same to be honest. It depends on which language you want to do, but with the mainstream ones like Chinese, Japanese, German, French etc all unis are comparable.

Peartie

HSC
Although Mac still has the compolsury semester overseas but you are also guaranteed a grant if you go over (1 large and 2 small in your time at Macquarie)

merillem

HSC
Macquarie's overseas study programs are reputed as amongst the best in Australia and the travel grant scheme (Travel Grants - Macquarie International - Macquarie University) is the most generous in Sydney. Mac commits 2 million bucks to it a year, which is about 5x more than any other uni in Sydney.

Otherwise UTS' international studies program is the by far regarded as the pioneering program of its type in Australia. They have hundreds of students a year going on exchange programs through it and the international component is integrated. Quite a few languages on offer.
UTS: International Studies

No idea about law....

HSC
I did 2 exchanges at MAQ. Best things I ever did.
They make it really easy and are really flexible, it's also the best way to split up your degree.
SO, I would reccomed maq for that reason.

fungus44

HSC
I did two exchanges to Taiwan and Japan back to back through UNSW.
Also, the best I have ever done!

However note UNSW is less flexible than MAQ I think.

A799

HSC
I did two exchanges to Taiwan and Japan back to back through UNSW.
Also, the best I have ever done!

However note UNSW is less flexible than MAQ I think.
Were they one semester each? but wow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)