Two experiments beetroot and enzymes (1 Viewer)

Snoozy_student8

HSC
"why does the colour leak out of beetroot" and "The effect of enzyme concentration on enzyme activity" can anyone help with these two experimaet write ups?

(FONT=Impact)xxx(/FONT)

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
i've never seen the beetroot experiment, most proabably the colour is an indicator i dont know??

The enzyme experiment is too large to type up... maybe someone nice will help u

7minute

HSC
if you increase the concentration of the enzyme, the rate of reaction will increase proportionally.

all you need to do is design an experiment where you increase the concentration of your enzyme and measure the reaction. when you graph enzyme concentration against reaction rate you should get a linear graph.

reaction rate shows the enzyme activity, so your experiment demonstrates what you want it to.

dunno if this will be useful, it's been awhile since i studied this.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Snoozy_student8 said:
"why does the colour leak out of beetroot" and "The effect of enzyme concentration on enzyme activity" can anyone help with these two experimaet write ups?

(FONT=Impact)xxx(/FONT)
For your enzyme experiment writeup, just mention important things like the enzyme activity increases as more enymes are add (or substrate). The reaction rate will reach a plateu once the substrate became the limiting factor, as all the substrates are binds to an active site and the rate of reaction can no longer increase.
Make sure you know whether you've increased the enzyme concentration OR the substrate concentration...

And the beetroot experiment I have no idea. I think you demonstrate diffusion with that? The colour leak out due to the high concentration in the beetroot. When suspended in solution, the solutes move from an area of high concentration to an area of low concentration. Hence you see colour moves out to the surrounding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)