two questions (1 Viewer)

guy

HSC
Ok
if i want to do a course most and put it first, do i give less chance to the other courses of being selected?

REPHRASE

does the ranking of courses on the UAC applicationg really matter?

second question,
if i get a high enough UAI for a course, do i get in no matter what? (unless its a portfolio type thing ofcourse)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by guy
if i want to do a course most and put it first, do i give less chance to the other courses of being selected?
No.

Exception - you only receive one offer, so if you receive an offer for a high preference, you can't get an offer for any prefs below it.

Aside from that small exception, you don't decrease your chances of being selected for lower preferences simply because they're lower on your list.

Originally posted by guy
does the ranking of courses on the UAC applicationg really matter?
Yes. It's a list of your preferences. Read the exception I wrote above. Put what you want to do first. :p

Originally posted by guy
if i get a high enough UAI for a course, do i get in no matter what? (unless its a portfolio type thing ofcourse)
Theoretically, the university could simply choose to reject you for no reason, but in reality, yes you're guaranteed an offer if your UAI is competitive enough.

guy

HSC
sweetpotatoes
thankyou superman

ohhh why do i always have to hide behind jokes, thankyou laz and i love you with all my pee pee

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
you don't decrease your chances of being selected for lower preferences simply because they're lower on your list.
That just completely contradicts what I thought about the ranking of courses :(

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus

Exception - you only receive one offer, so if you receive an offer for a high preference, you can't get an offer for any prefs below it.
once u recieve an offer, can u change ur preference? say i got an offer for preference #2 on my list, can i change my #3 preference with the #2 somehow?
or rather, can u receive an offer for #1 (say u just missed it), in a later 'offer' round even tho u've been offered for #2?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well when u recieve your offer, u cant change ur preferences for that Main Round anymore. U can only change ur preferences for the hope of an offer in the Late Round. However, UAI's for courses in the late round tend to inflate because of the greater demand for less places.

ie. say Commerce at Sydney Uni was 94 in the Main Round, and u got 93, I wouldnt wait for the late round, because generally, the UAI cutoff would go up to around 98 in the Late Round, because of supply and demand

ToOL

someone explain to me about the new courses with no uai cutoff PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!

how do you get in wht marks etc, how do they choose

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by ToOL
someone explain to me about the new courses with no uai cutoff PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!!

how do you get in wht marks etc, how do they choose
They pick it based on the amount of applicants, UAI's of those applicants, etc ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)