txtbooks (1 Viewer)

doink

Clone
HSC
are the textbooks for diff calc regular and advanced the same? What about for lin alg and physic adv?

Help appreciated.

ssglain

HSC
For Differential Calculus, I believe Lecture Notes for MATH1001 and Lecture Notes for MATH1901 are separate. For Linear Algebra there's only one set of Lecture Notes for MATH 1002/1902, which comes in two books - the red one is Vectors (used in Wks 1-4) and the blue one is Linear Algebra (used from Wk 5).

Don't know about Physics.

Last edited:

webby234

HSC
N/A
For maths - there isn't a textbook you need to get, but you do need the lecture notes and they're different for normal and advanced.

For physics the textbook (university physics) is the same for both normal and advanced and it is useful - it is probably advisable to buy it, but as with all textbooks it's ultimately up to you (you do need masteringphysics though, which either comes with the textbook or you can buy it separately).

Addictd2

HSC
To be honest i didnt really use my course notes all that much.

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
webby234 said:
For maths - there isn't a textbook you need to get, but you do need the lecture notes and they're different for normal and advanced.

For physics the textbook (university physics) is the same for both normal and advanced and it is useful - it is probably advisable to buy it, but as with all textbooks it's ultimately up to you (you do need masteringphysics though, which either comes with the textbook or you can buy it separately).
Yup. Also for Linear Algebra there is a recommended text called A first course in Linear Algebra by one of the lecturers (There wasn't a copy of lecture notes for MATH1001, the lecturer always referred to that), but it sucks donkey balls. Unfortunately its the best on offer so I recommend you get it. For Differential Calculus the notes are more than enough but you may find that some concepts aren't explained well or don't have enough questions for them (counting the tutorials) so I got Calculus by James Stewert which will serve you well for Second Semester as well for integral calculus advanced (or normal doesn't matter). Its an absolutely brilliant book.

doink

Clone
HSC
And i get lecture noted from lecturer or online?

ssglain

HSC
doink said:
And i get lecture noted from lecturer or online?
For maths you buy them from KopyStop. 55 Mountain St Broadway. This information is all on the school of maths/stats website.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)