type of accommodation? (1 Viewer)

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
hey i was just wondering if anyone can tell me which type of accommodation, on campus, is the best? and do you have any warnings for those moving to live on campus?

Also, im thinking of doing either: B- Social Science (Psychology)/ B- Teaching (secondary) OR B- Social Science (Psychology)/ B- Teaching (primary) does anyone have any directions as to if this is a good course of not?

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
which campus?
and every1 is going to tell you where they live is the best, so ill get in first, Butler halls in wagga are the best...

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
sorry i forgot there were multiple campuses, i meant bathurst, im going up there on Wednesday so i guess i can scope it out then.

Fro

HSC
good idea
we're on holidays now though...
but check em all out
Im in traditional diggings - if you can cook its prob the best you can get...
have fun

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
often overlooked, but MTG is pretty damn good too. Only down side is that you need to walk to Uni, but it's just over the ovals and really small golf course - takes 15 minutes at the most ;). I'd say either diggings or MTG - wyndradyne (self cattered cottages) are shit house...in my opinion anyway.

bundyy

HSC
Definitely Traditional Diggings mate... great atmosphere, decent rooms, awesome people!! And you get to choose what you eat... just make sure you have a few cook boks up you're sleeve!! About the courses, I do Psych/Teaching (PDHPE) and absolutely love it... You get to go on a teaching prac in the 1st four years of the degree, you get a psych (observation) prac in your 3rd year, if you get a credit average, you're last 2 years (yes, it's a 6 year degree - although last 2 years are only part time) are paid for you by the Government AND they assure you a part-time placing in a school teaching English/Drama or History, or PDHPE depending on what you major in, whilst you are in your last 2 years of Psych... What else could you want from your course?? (oh, if you do the PDHPE strand, you're more than likely going to have a really hot lecturer for track and field... this is another good ting about this course :)) Best of luck

Cheers

Fro

HSC
I can provide one, though i must mention i am biased towards Traditional Diggings as I have stayed there for 2 years now...
TRADITIONAL DIGGINGS
Pros
- Good size rooms
- Good people
- Good Atmosphere
- Can get away from it all and study if need be.... if need be....
- Affordable
- Close to classes, gym, mini-mart, easy 2 minute drunken stumble to unibar
Cons
- Preconseption of it being 'quiet' - No evidence of this... speak to anyone living there and they'll provide support as of why it isnt
- Can't really think of any others - someone else might be able to provide some...

NEW DIGGINGS
Pros
- Bigger rooms than traditional
- Less people in your block - more personal space i guess...
Cons
- Have to move out in holidays...
- Generally pretty quiet... but that takes one person to change...

MTG
Pros
- Least expensive
- Good size rooms if you're not shared
- Bigger beds - from my experience... but not all are the same im told...
- Great atmosphere - MTGians stick together cuz they live like their own community
Cons
- 15min walk to uni
- Might have to share double room... could get annoying

WINDRADYNE
Pros
- Biggest rooms
- Nicest Kitchens
- Newest out of self-catered - and uni i think
Cons
- Most expensive
- Not much social live
- Known for 'snobs' - havent showed me anything to make this incorrect...

Hope thats what you're after...
Good luck
Hope to see you next year
Fro

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
well i had my tour today. ur uni is very cosy.

i like WINDRADYNE but it's really expensive. Towers looks like a cement jail!! and its very squishy.

well i dont have to decide any time soon, still have the HSC to do yet.

bex

HSC
windradyne is sucky.. toowers is a squishy cement jail.. but you have to see it when everyone is around cause its goit a really great atmosphere and lots of fun people AND is the closest to all the main campus stuff- particularly the bar and csusab shop!

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
see post 2 by me. but all depends if u want catered or non cattered

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
package one: you've gotta move out of your room every hollidays.

package two: you can stay over the hollidays (excluding summer hollidays of course).

It maybe the other way around. package one for over the hollidays, etc... I can't quite remeber, but thats the general difference between the two.

bex

HSC
imo package 1 is usually sufficient cause you can leave a lot of small stuff (textbooks folders and othr general crap) locked up in your room over hols and the big stuff you can leave in your ra's flat eg fridge tv commputer etc

HSC
Jov

hi guys,

i just can't let JOV not get a mention here. don't let the doubters get you down guys... the only reason more JOV people haven't posted on here to give it a wrap is coz theyre all too busy having fun.... unlike me, who is stuck at home, pretending to study, but all the while wishing for bathurst and my sunny village green.

So pick JOV!!!

P.S. package one is more than sufficient. i chose package two this year, and i reckon it's a waste of money.

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
i swapped to package 2 this term as i got sick of carting my shit 700km every term, if u live far away or hate packing package 2 all the way...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)