Typed or Handwritten? (1 Viewer)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The handwriting thing works especially well for subjects like Biology where you memorise the material and just regurgitate it onto the short and long response questions. Once you get into the exam room and find a question, you can think to yourself, "Hang on, I've written this in my notes before." It is also generally a good way to calm your nerves because you feel as though you have had some prior experience. Also, the way in which the neurons in your brain work, might mean that, if you write your notes out a few times, your brain should be familiar with the pattern of your hand movements and what you write down. So when your writing your answer in the examination, the adrenaline and chemicals in your body will allow you to relate back to that time when you were writing this very answer in your notes. I'm not too sure if I'm making any sense here, but that's how I see it...

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Notes are pointless.
Verbal memory is the way to go, and its a helluva lot faster than committing it to written memory.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Aplus said:
The handwriting thing works especially well for subjects like Biology where you memorise the material and just regurgitate it onto the short and long response questions. Once you get into the exam room and find a question, you can think to yourself, "Hang on, I've written this in my notes before." It is also generally a good way to calm your nerves because you feel as though you have had some prior experience. Also, the way in which the neurons in your brain work, might mean that, if you write your notes out a few times, your brain should be familiar with the pattern of your hand movements and what you write down. So when your writing your answer in the examination, the adrenaline and chemicals in your body will allow you to relate back to that time when you were writing this very answer in your notes. I'm not too sure if I'm making any sense here, but that's how I see it...
A more effective way is writing your notes ONCE and applying it to an array of questions.

Re-writing notes more than once is a waste of time. Period.

MichaelFinch

HSC
Rhanoct said:
I always try to handwrite everything but typing is so much easier, especially when you're playing around with syntax and such
cool.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
A more effective way is writing your notes ONCE and applying it to an array of questions.

Re-writing notes more than once is a waste of time. Period.
Well that's what I sort of meant. Stop trying to start an argument.

rebeccalbanks

HSC
I prefer hand written notes - but my handwriting is so small even I can have trouble reading it sometimes, it makes is pretty neat though. I tried typing some french notes up on my computer but I spent too much time on making it looking pretty....and then there was my computer drama and now I can't even open microsoft word. :mad1:

over9k

HSC
have to write faster .. atm i write 1 a4 in 6-7 min so i have to keep practising my handwriting. :####

morganjane

HSC
I prefer to type, but im getting the gist in handwriting, because as my english teacher has told us, "you will be essay writing machines"

Our typing speed/skills wont relly matter when it comes to writing our 3 module essays in paper 2 for english...we can learn it by typing it i suppose, but we cant type the hsc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)