Types of Organisational Structure (1 Viewer)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
Can some1 plz explain in nice simple english the 4 types of organisational structure:

*International division structure
*International area structure
*Global product structure
*Global matrix structure

For some reason i cant grasp the concept and process of these organisational structure. Any help will be much appreciated. Cheers!

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Ok ill give it a shot, but I find that I understand these *alot* better with pictures I've memorised rather than all text (which I highly recommend, especially at this stage) .. so ill sort of plot out just the main feature(s) of each ..

International Division Structure
Ok, for this one, remember that a business has its own international division in line with its domestic operations. My picture is the upper management, directed down to a line which has "Domestic Cars, Domestic Buses, International Division" .. and branching off this "international division" we have, for example "Italian Cars, Italian Buses" (bearing in mind im making reference to the subsidiaries location rather than the make/model of the automobile).

MANAGEMENT
|
Domestic Cars-----Domestic Buses-----International Ops
|
Italian Cars-----Italian Buses
EDIT ... not allowed to make pretty diagrams ... ill explain each .. Italian Cars and Italian Buses should be coming out of "International Ops"

International Area Structure
Here, a business' operations are regionalised (eg: Asia Pacific or Oceania etc..) with a section/manager in charge of a number of included countries. Basically from upper management here, we move down into different regions, and sprouting from these regions lies the different operations.

MANAGEMENT
|
Oceania-----Europe-----Middle East-----South East Asia
|
Cars division-----Bus Division

Global Product Structure
Here we have a business separating its operations into specific categories before sprouting into the country divisions. Here, there is management in charge of the products production worldwide, including in the home country.

MANAGEMENT
|
Cars Divison(Global)-----Bus Division(Global)
|
Domestic-----Italy

Global Matrix Structure .. (this will be fun to draw.... ;))
Ok, this brings us to the Global Matrix structure, which is fairly easy to remember, so long as you know that each manager is responsible for a product and corresponding area division. Basically, it provides management with more responsibility, but can become difficult to coordinate if the business becomes *too* large.

EDIT .. this image didnt come out either, ill whip something up in paint on my next break

My Poor artistic ability may cause confusion in that last one ... but just reply if theres any issues and ill approach it a different way :)

Last edited:

spartan 117

wtf, a... well i never got taught that, i dont even think it is in my text book, looks like im going to be slightly stuffed tomorrow.

r3ckless

HSC
lol, do we really have 2 knoe that.......cos i knoe they can ask 4 nething in da fucking syylabus but c'mon........ i'm jsut elarning da 3 def, methods, reasons, staff systems n specific influences!

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
i dont know any of those either. The only ones i know are country specific and global web.. hmm i wander if thats right?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I know of these
I asked advice line
and its not that important
plus, if it were, it would be in the syllabus
all there is is organisational structure
not 4 types of organisational structure-international product, global matrix, international division, international area
if it was important it would be in the syllabus like geocentric, ethonecentric and polycentric staffing systems

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Yeah, for structure itll probably focus more just on basic centralised/decentralised organisational structures

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
exa_boi87 said:
Yeah, for structure itll probably focus more just on basic centralised/decentralised organisational structures
yep thats right mate
centalisation v decentralisation :)

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
exa_boi87 said:
Ok ill give it a shot, but I find that I understand these *alot* better with pictures I've memorised rather than all text (which I highly recommend, especially at this stage) .. so ill sort of plot out just the main feature(s) of each ..

International Division Structure
Ok, for this one, remember that a business has its own international division in line with its domestic operations. My picture is the upper management, directed down to a line which has "Domestic Cars, Domestic Buses, International Division" .. and branching off this "international division" we have, for example "Italian Cars, Italian Buses" (bearing in mind im making reference to the subsidiaries location rather than the make/model of the automobile).

MANAGEMENT
|
Domestic Cars-----Domestic Buses-----International Ops
|
Italian Cars-----Italian Buses
EDIT ... not allowed to make pretty diagrams ... ill explain each .. Italian Cars and Italian Buses should be coming out of "International Ops"

International Area Structure
Here, a business' operations are regionalised (eg: Asia Pacific or Oceania etc..) with a section/manager in charge of a number of included countries. Basically from upper management here, we move down into different regions, and sprouting from these regions lies the different operations.

MANAGEMENT
|
Oceania-----Europe-----Middle East-----South East Asia
|
Cars division-----Bus Division

Global Product Structure
Here we have a business separating its operations into specific categories before sprouting into the country divisions. Here, there is management in charge of the products production worldwide, including in the home country.

MANAGEMENT
|
Cars Divison(Global)-----Bus Division(Global)
|
Domestic-----Italy

Global Matrix Structure .. (this will be fun to draw.... ;))
Ok, this brings us to the Global Matrix structure, which is fairly easy to remember, so long as you know that each manager is responsible for a product and corresponding area division. Basically, it provides management with more responsibility, but can become difficult to coordinate if the business becomes *too* large.

EDIT .. this image didnt come out either, ill whip something up in paint on my next break

My Poor artistic ability may cause confusion in that last one ... but just reply if theres any issues and ill approach it a different way :)
yea thx for ur effort mate. i kinda get it, but hopefully this aint in the test. thx anyways much appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)