Types of related texts for I&S (1 Viewer)

steffiduck

HSC
The set texts for our class are P&P, ADH and Brownings poetry, and i'm using Jane Eyre as one of my related text, but i'm confused with what other texts i could use.

Our teacher told us at the beginning of last term that the texts have to be "substancial", and recommended novels (most of the class is doing tess of the d'urbevilles) . But I was wondering what other types of texts could be used. I don't particulry want to read and reread novels that i didn't like the first time round.

also, why is bridget jones and Power of One listes as i&s supplementary material? i thought the texts had to be from the nineteenth century

Help Please!

Last edited:

steffiduck

HSC
How appropriate would the film adaptations of "vanity fair" or "the importance of being earnest" be as a related text?

steffiduck

HSC
thanks. but i still wonder as to why bridget jones is recommended as a supp text if its not from the 19th Century...

azziebess123456

HSC
Hmm, quite strange. OUr teacher told us we could only do texts that were SET in the 19th Century. So say for films, iit could be produced today, but just had to be SET then. Ie would could do hte new movie Becoming Jane if we wanted to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)