U.K. Ancestry Visa (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hello

I just tried to ring the visa information line for the U.K. and got hung up on 5 times, and never even got to talk to a person, so I'm trying to ask my questions here too:

So, in regard to a U.K. Ancestry (Right of Ancestry) Visa to the U.K.

1. Is the five year period it's valid for a continuous five years or can those five years be used up in sections?
2. I will arrive in the UK in April, should I be applying now?
3. Do they only open Ancestry applications at certain times, or can they be processed whenever?

Anyone who knows anything will be loved.

Bye

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hello

I just tried to ring the visa information line for the U.K. and got hung up on 5 times, and never even got to talk to a person, so I'm trying to ask my questions here too:

1. Is the five year period it's valid for a continuous five years or can those five years be used up in sections?
3. Do they only open Ancestry applications at certain times, or can they be processed whenever?

Anyone who knows anything will be loved.

Bye
look up the rules on the internet. i know the answers to your questions are on the embassy website

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Joking aside, what ancestry do you mean?

Edit: And what's not to understand? I have both.

Last edited:

Revolution

HSC
Hello

I'm pretty sure it's five years from the time you first enter the U.K.

Apply as soon as possible. (I applied for a Youth Mobility Visa four months ago for next February.)

All year around, I believe.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Joking aside, what ancestry do you mean?

Edit: And what's not to understand? I have both.
Well that was a very impractical suggestion as none of my parents were U.K.-born.

Certainly didn't deserve the many HAHA's.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
That's why I was asking dude.

I'll be helpful though:
How long are you planning on going for?
If it is a year or less why not just apply for one of those youth exchange visas? That way you will not have to worry about whether you're wasting your five years or whatever.
If it is less than 6 months, as an Australian you don't need one unless you want to work.

Peartie

HSC
If it is less than 6 months, as an Australian you don't need one unless you want to work.
has it changed!? it used to only be 90 days!!! Or at least thats what I was told once upon a time... I know its 90 days for Schengen Area still (and yes I know UK isnt in Schengen Area)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
How do I qualify to travel to the UK as a visitor?

There are many categories of visitors. A visitor is someone who generally intends to be in the UK for a short period, for example, to visit friends and family, to do business, to do a short course of study, to have private medical treatment. The information given here aims to deal with the various categories of visitors coming to the UK.

In general, you must show that:

* you want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
* you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
* you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds. See question 'What are public funds?';
* you do not intend to take paid or unpaid employment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)