UAC application (1 Viewer)

Jikky

HSC
Hey,

So I want to transfer out of MQ and into either UNSW/USYD/UTS.

On the UAC application there's a section which asks me to specify how long I have been enrolled in my current degree, which is just over 6 months. And to my understanding, for successful admission, a student requires 1 year full-time study.
After I complete this semester I will have completed an equivalent 1 year full-time study with completion of 7 units.

I'm just unsure of what to put down for this particular section, and the actual distinction between enrollment duration and equivalent study load.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I had the same problem as you.
Just put 6 months for the time being as you are not allowed to falsify info.

I asked UAC about this and they responded:

Thank you for your enquiry.

UAC will obtain your academic records on your behalf. If the details on your application vary from the academic records, UAC will update accordingly.

Jikky

HSC
I had the same problem as you.
Just put 6 months for the time being as you are not allowed to falsify info.

I asked UAC about this and they responded:

Thank you for your enquiry.

UAC will obtain your academic records on your behalf. If the details on your application vary from the academic records, UAC will update accordingly.
I got this:

"UAC will access electronically your university studies (semester 1 & 2) results in December for assessment purposes and add your results into your application.

In your application you can state that you are studying for the year."

wot 2 believe lmao

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I got this:

"UAC will access electronically your university studies (semester 1 & 2) results in December for assessment purposes and add your results into your application.

In your application you can state that you are studying for the year."

wot 2 believe lmao
lol well I guess it don't matter

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I don't think you'll have to worry about that too much, they should update your information if they need to.

However, I don't think your amount of previous study would be relevant for your application anyway:

And to my understanding, for successful admission, a student requires 1 year full-time study.
After I complete this semester I will have completed an equivalent 1 year full-time study with completion of 7 units.
One year of full time study is considered to be the completion of roughly 8 units of study (worth 24 credit points at Macquarie, 48 credit points at USYD/UNSW etc.). If you have completed less than that, then they will only consider your ATAR for admission into courses.

Jikky

HSC
However, I don't think your amount of previous study would be relevant for your application anyway:

One year of full time study is considered to be the completion of roughly 8 units of study (worth 24 credit points at Macquarie, 48 credit points at USYD/UNSW etc.). If you have completed less than that, then they will only consider your ATAR for admission into courses.
I thought 3 units per semester, or 6 units in a year is still considered a year of full-time study?

Jikky

HSC
It is usually 4 subjects per semester.
Grabbed from the USYD website:

Undergraduate students are usually considered full-time if they have a student load of at least 0.375 (usually 18 credit points) each semester. Anything under this amount is considered a part-time study load. Some faculties have minimum study load requirements for satisfactory progress.

pls dont tell me this now.. i dropped a subject this semester in hopes of maximising the chances of maintaining my GPA in order to transfer :(

My EFTSL is 0.875 so I'm hoping that I'm alright.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Undergraduate students are usually considered full-time if they have a student load of at least 0.375 (usually 18 credit points) each semester. Anything under this amount is considered a part-time study load. Some faculties have minimum study load requirements for satisfactory progress.
That quote is about study load, not capability to transfer. Yes, you need a minimum 0.375 EFTSL per semester (most people do 0.5) to be considered a full time student. Anything less than that is part time.

In terms of transfers however, when they require you to do one year of full time study, they mean one year of standard load full time study (1.0 EFTSL). So unfortunately, with an 0.875 EFTSL, they will only consider your ATAR when you apply for your transfer.

Jikky

HSC
That quote is about study load, not capability to transfer. Yes, you need a minimum 0.375 EFTSL per semester (most people do 0.5) to be considered a full time student. Anything less than that is part time.

In terms of transfers however, when they require you to do one year of full time study, they mean one year of standard load full time study (1.0 EFTSL). So unfortunately, with an 0.875 EFTSL, they will only consider your ATAR when you apply for your transfer.
Well this sucks. Shit. Thank you though, for bringing this to light. I guess the only option left is to do one unit in summer school. Is this possible?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Not quite sure how Macquarie Summer School works, but if you are able to finish the unit in time before the offers are made it should be OK. If not it might be worth talking to UAC as well to see if they can make other arrangements for you.

If worse comes to worst just spend one more semester at Macquarie and transfer mid year.

Jikky

HSC
Not quite sure how Macquarie Summer School works, but if you are able to finish the unit in time before the offers are made it should be OK. If not it might be worth talking to UAC as well to see if they can make other arrangements for you.

If worse comes to worst just spend one more semester at Macquarie and transfer mid year.
Looks like I'll be able to squeeze in for the February rounds and beyond if I go this route.

Thank you so much again :)

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I only did 7 subjects at usyd this year meaning I completed .875EFTSL but in the uac application under application summary and time enrolled it says that i have been enrolled for 1.0. Should I call them up and get them to change this?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I only did 7 subjects at usyd this year meaning I completed .875EFTSL but in the uac application under application summary and time enrolled it says that i have been enrolled for 1.0. Should I call them up and get them to change this?
They'll know

Jikky

HSC
Just an update guys..

I just got an offer into UTS, for B. Sci in IT!
Absolutely ecstatic at the moment.

It wasn't even the course I had in mind (B. Comp Sci & Tech. @ USYD) and it has a higher cut-off - so I don't even know..
Plus, I haven't even completed summer school and which the whole reason I even did it was to have 8 units completed in order to be considered!

Miracles do happen :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)