• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UAC APPLICATIONS (2009 Entry) (2 Viewers)

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Do you have to pay before you can put in your preferences?

HSC
I think the payment is the last step, and you can do parts of the application at a time...but I'm not sure.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Seems like payment is compulsory.

haha, 60k * 23 = 1380k = 1.38 million from this LOLOLOL.

=)lisa

whatdoyoumeanitalksofast?
HSC
apologies if this is a dumb question

but..

what the hell?

pay for what? applications? as in, you are alreadylisting uni preferences? im really really REALLY confused about all this.

:(

i got my pin in the mail today, but i dont know where to log in... can we log in yet?

dood09

Frontier Psychiatrist ☻
HSC
N/A
Re: UAC APPLICATIONS OPEN (2009 Entry)

BoyNextDoor said:
Are the UAC Guide Books for 2008 even out yet?
lol, they are

Shan4curry

HSC
I've been trying to log in for the past 10 mins or so...it keeps saying my UAC Application Number is wrong, even though I've got 9 digits in it (when your student number has 8 digits, apparently a '1' gets added to the front).

Has anyone else had this problem or have a solution? I'd appreciate the feedback. =)

=)lisa

whatdoyoumeanitalksofast?
HSC
Without Wings said:
For Year 12 applicants it costs $23 and for non-Year 12 applicants it costs $49.

On-time applications close at midnight on Tuesday 30 September 2008. If you apply after midnight on Tuesday 30 September 2008 you will have to pay a late fee as well as the processing charge. These late fees can make your total application fee cost anything between $124 and $148 so best to apply on time!

See here for more info.

Yes applications for university preferences opened this afternoon. The ontime closing date is Tuesday 30 September 2008. It is best to apply before then as the late fee is quite large, as I said above. It is important to remember you can change your preferences after you submit your application till quite close to when offers come out (until 7 January for main round offers). So if you change your mind you just change your preferences. For example if you are planning to apply for uni and are not quite sure of preferences at current time put in some and change them later when you know for sure what you want.

You can apply through the UAC website: http://www.uac.edu.au/indexhome.html
It is the apply by web link on the right.

Note: some courses require extra criteria or have different closing dates. For these see here.

ahh thanks so so much!

runnable

HSC
Shan4curry said:
I've been trying to log in for the past 10 mins or so...it keeps saying my UAC Application Number is wrong, even though I've got 9 digits in it (when your student number has 8 digits, apparently a '1' gets added to the front).

Has anyone else had this problem or have a solution? I'd appreciate the feedback. =)
Yea I have no idea what the Number is too. Adding 1 to our Student Number doesn't work for me either.

runnable

HSC
From UAC: 2008 NSW HSC applicants
If your Board of Studies student number has eight digits, your UAC application number will have an extra 1 in front of it. If your student number has seven digits, your UAC application number has 10 in front of it.

hmm well it doesn't work for me.

Shan4curry

HSC
runnable said:
From UAC: 2008 NSW HSC applicants
If your Board of Studies student number has eight digits, your UAC application number will have an extra 1 in front of it. If your student number has seven digits, your UAC application number has 10 in front of it.

hmm well it doesn't work for me.
I think it's because I didn't go here: http://www.uac.edu.au/apply/abw.html
I'm assuming you apply first, then change the courses later? I have no idea.

(from the site)

How Apply-By-Web works
You need to answer a number of questions about yourself, your education and the courses you want to choose.
Answer the questions in order and click the "next" button when you have finished.
You can't jump forward but you can go back using the edit buttons to amend your application.
You can quit at anytime and start your application again where you left it - you will need your UAC application number and UAC PIN to do this.
When you have completed all the questions you will get an application summary. You need to read this carefully and make any changes using the "edit" buttons before you submit.
Keep a record of your UAC application number. You will need this and your UAC PIN to use Online applicant services and when you contact UAC.

After you apply
make changes to your application details and view e-correspondence. For all other changes write to UAC with full details - include your name and UAC application number

danz90

HSC
gahh am I the only one who didn't receive their UAC Pin in the mail today?

Shan4curry

HSC
danz90 said:
gahh am I the only one who didn't receive their UAC Pin in the mail today?
You're not. I know a few people who haven't received theirs yet. ;P

danz90

HSC
BoyNextDoor said:
So what's the use of the UAC Pin compared to the BOS Pin?
UAC Pin is used for accessing your UAC Application and viewing your UAI and course offers - i.e. all online UAC applicant services.

BOS Pin is used to access StudentsOnline and also your HSC Results online, when they are released on 17 Dec.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
danz90 said:
UAC Pin is used for accessing your UAC Application and viewing your UAI and course offers - i.e. all online UAC applicant services.

BOS Pin is used to access StudentsOnline and also your HSC Results online, when they are released on 17 Dec.
Oh I see.....like our actual UAI and the courses that we can get into with the UAi we get? Nice.

Thanks for your help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)