UAC Applications are now OPEN. (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
You can change your preferences after atar comes out right?

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
First preference.. hm

can we decide to be professional brick layers?

moocow920

HSC
Is it bad to only nominate 2 preferences if you are 99% certain you will get into your second preference? If my atar was way lower than expected I could always add more in December

iBibah

HSC
Is it bad to only nominate 2 preferences if you are 99% certain you will get into your second preference? If my atar was way lower than expected I could always add more in December
If you're that sure, just put other preferences anyways, got nothing to lose.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
On what basis are you 99% sure? It is always possible that the number of spots in a degree decreases so the ATAR cutoff will rise.

moocow920

HSC
Second preference is b of science at USYD, atar cutoff around 83, and unless something drastic happens I should be looking at over 90. I feel like a relatively stable course like that is unlikely to jump to over 90

moocow920

HSC
Thats fine but why not just do the 9 preferences? Nothing to lose.
I guess, I just don't know what to put for the rest because there's nothing else I am at all interested in, especially now that I have accepted a college offer at USYD

NFmusic1995

HSC
such a shit site, it said to pay 28$ processing fee, i checkout through paypal, charged me 60$, then says it didnt receive payment...

u srs uac?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
such a shit site, it said to pay 28$ processing fee, i checkout through paypal, charged me 60$, then says it didnt receive payment...

u srs uac?
Perhaps you accidentally checked the box for non-Year 12 applicant?

NFmusic1995

HSC
Perhaps you accidentally checked the box for non-Year 12 applicant?
no i put year 12, and it said processing fee 28$, even on the paypal checkout it said 28$, i pressed ok, it charged me 60$ and then said payment not received..

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
no i put year 12, and it said processing fee 28$, even on the paypal checkout it said 28$, i pressed ok, it charged me 60$ and then said payment not received..
Bizarre.

Sounds like the payment system is bugged. It's worth contacting UAC about this.

crazy_paki123

HSC
is this for first years wanting to do a credit transfer too?

albm95

HSC
Great now i'm having second thoughts about some courses

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Quick FAQ answers because they come up every year.

-These applications for ANYBODY wishing to apply to a university; Whether they are HSC school leavers, or 2nd years wanting to transfer

-Once you pay for your initial application, you can add/remove/change preferences as much as you like. Each "round" of offers has a closing date for changes (usually a week or two before) and right up until that date you can change whatever you like to suit what you want. So if your atar was higher or lower than you wanted, you can adjust accordingly.

-You do not need 9 preferences, you can have just one if you are confident you'll get in (ie. got a 99.95 atar and only needed 80 :p)

-ATAR cutoffs change every year, so you can only guess based on last year. As they are based on supply and demand, some courses rise and some fall. Don't be too confident, but don't be afraid to apply for a course you may not meet the ATAR for, because you never know until AFTER!

-Some courses/unis make early offers, others only make main round offers. You can get an offer in every single round if your lucky, but not everybody will. If you do get an offer, you can accept and then change your preferences for another round. If you get an offer, and like your second offer better, you can decline the first one at a later date.

-In a round if you don't meet the cutoff and don't get an offer, UAC goes down your list of preferences and you'll get an offer (or none at all in some cases) depending on what order you put things in. That being said, if you miss out on an offer in one round, don't be afraid to try again in the next. People do decline offers from earlier rounds which frees up space later! I know people who missed out in early rounds, but in late rounds they got an offer and got into that course because they left it as their first preference just in case!

Basically, most of you will have until January to figure out what you want to do, where and in what order. So don't freak out if you don't have it done by tomorrow! :)

albm95

HSC
It's probably better to think about things more than once,
No doubt, just really want to get into Global Studies so i'm seeing which courses would be similar if I don't make it in

What are your guys opinions on applying for a completely new subject? There are 3 new courses in Communications at UTS, Communication (Digital and Social Media/Creative Writing/Cultural Studies) and i'm thinking about going for Cultural Studies

Last edited:

iBibah

HSC
Quick FAQ answers because they come up every year.

-These applications for ANYBODY wishing to apply to a university; Whether they are HSC school leavers, or 2nd years wanting to transfer

-Once you pay for your initial application, you can add/remove/change preferences as much as you like. Each "round" of offers has a closing date for changes (usually a week or two before) and right up until that date you can change whatever you like to suit what you want. So if your atar was higher or lower than you wanted, you can adjust accordingly.

-You do not need 9 preferences, you can have just one if you are confident you'll get in (ie. got a 99.95 atar and only needed 80 :p)

-ATAR cutoffs change every year, so you can only guess based on last year. As they are based on supply and demand, some courses rise and some fall. Don't be too confident, but don't be afraid to apply for a course you may not meet the ATAR for, because you never know until AFTER!

-Some courses/unis make early offers, others only make main round offers. You can get an offer in every single round if your lucky, but not everybody will. If you do get an offer, you can accept and then change your preferences for another round. If you get an offer, and like your second offer better, you can decline the first one at a later date.

-In a round if you don't meet the cutoff and don't get an offer, UAC goes down your list of preferences and you'll get an offer (or none at all in some cases) depending on what order you put things in. That being said, if you miss out on an offer in one round, don't be afraid to try again in the next. People do decline offers from earlier rounds which frees up space later! I know people who missed out in early rounds, but in late rounds they got an offer and got into that course because they left it as their first preference just in case!

Basically, most of you will have until January to figure out what you want to do, where and in what order. So don't freak out if you don't have it done by tomorrow! :)
Good post, thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)