UAC Applications (1 Viewer)

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Since most of you are already at uni, and have already gone through
the selection of your subjects, I thought I'd ask this...

When selecting your uni/course preferences, is there any particular
order that they should be arranged in?

Should the courses be ranked:
+ According to the UAI requirement of the course?
+ According to the uni you most preferably want to go to?
+ Or simply by the course that you are most interested in?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The last 2.

You should pick the university you like best along with the course you really like to do.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
First Uni! (Me too lazy to go far.)
Second --- the course, which seemed most interesting (and it just turned out to be most lucrative). :D

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Why isn't it important to order your selections with repect to their UAI requirements???

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC

Well, you don't really know what the UAI will be for 2004 entry.. although, you do have a rough indication. But when you go to Uni, you pick the course and Uni that you really want to do; not which course has the higher UAI ;) If the course you really wanna do has a lower cut off, then your pretty lucky :D

When you get your offers, your only offered the first course your eligable. They don't go through all your prefs and pick out the ones that your eligable for and let you pick then. (Hope that made sense..)

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
As was posted in another thread, it is a list of preferences, not a list of uai targets.

But in the end, it is your list, so any order that you find acceptable should be fine.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Yeah it's really important just to put them in the order in which you want to do them... fav course at the top, 2nd fav, 3rd fav... etc.

SoFTuaRiaL

just curious, did all here submit nine whole preferences?
last yr, i gave in only 4:
1. software @ unsw
2. bsc infosys @ unsw
3. telecom @ unsw
4. software @ uts

McDaddy

HSC
N/A
How low do you think you should put your final couple of prefrences if your putting in all nine? I want to do electrical engineering which is in the 80's for most uni's but I'm not sure what to put as a safegaurd.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
i was advised to put top 1-3 preferences in my fav courses, 6 into more realistic aims and the bottom ones into courses i would get in easily

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Is there any point in putting down a higher uai course under a lower uai course in the preference list?
I mean, if they don't give you the one above, they certainly won't give you the one below right?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by deyveed
Is there any point in putting down a higher uai course under a lower uai course in the preference list?
I mean, if they don't give you the one above, they certainly won't give you the one below right?

But what if the course that you really want to take is the one with the lower uai?
Yes, there is a point in doing that, as the required uais may shift dramatically, and that as a list of preferences you should be putting down the courses in the order that you prefer.

But, if you want to rank your preference list by last year's uais, then I can't really see any problem with that so long as you are willing to accept what you are offered.

SoFTuaRiaL

Originally posted by deyveed
yup, no point in that ... unless the difference between the 2 is very very little

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)