UAC computer- preferences (1 Viewer)

lp

Hey does anyone here know's how the uac computer work??

Can someone tell me if the following is correct. Thanks!

Say i put B.business (3rd pref) which is 93.15 at uts and followed by B.eco at sydney 90.15(4th pref) and my uai was 93 does that mean the uac computer automatically disregards my 3rd preference (because i'm 0.15 below last yrs cut off) and gives me the offer for b.eco? cus i want to do b.eco but i didn't change my prefs and it's past the deadline. =( by the way does any one haf a rough idea wat uts business uai cut off will be for this year? just a guess....hope it rises...lol ironic

Pls tell me that's right.......

any help appreciated!! thanks again

Last edited:

loser

scene police
I think the computer starts with those who got 100UAI and gives them their first preference. THen gives 99.95 their first preferences. It continues all the way down.

If all the spots for b.business are taken up by the time it gets to 93, then itll go onto your next preference.

lp

first preference?!?!
Don't the uac computer look at all your 9 prefs? becus for my top 3 preferences i had listed for courses which haf a higher uai than what i have, so B.eco(4th pref) is my first qualified course in my 9 prefs.

what are your thoughts 4 the cut-off marks this year for
1. UTS-B.Business (city campus)
2. Syd-B.Eco

a guess anyone?

i logged in on the 5th ,monday and was about to swap business with eco but i wasn;t sure it was like 50 50 and the uac website was like counting down theminutes u haf 7 minutes.....6....5...4..3..2..1...and ididn't haf enough time......damn i hope uts business rise rise rise rise rise!!!!!!!!

lp

first preference?!?!
Don't the uac computer look at all your 9 prefs? becus for my top 3 preferences i had listed for courses which haf a higher uai than what i have, so B.eco(4th pref) is my first qualified course in my 9 prefs.

what are your thoughts 4 the cut-off marks this year for
1. UTS-B.Business (city campus)
2. Syd-B.Eco

a guess anyone?

i logged in on the 5th ,monday and was about to swap business with eco but i wasn;t sure it was like 50 50 and the uac website was like counting down theminutes u haf 7 minutes.....6....5...4..3..2..1...and ididn't haf enough time......damn i hope uts business rise rise rise rise rise!!!!!!!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by lp
first preference?!?!
Read what loser wrote:

Originally posted by loser
I think the computer starts with those who got 100UAI and gives them their first preference. THen gives 99.95 their first preferences. It continues all the way down.

If all the spots for b.business are taken up by the time it gets to 93, then itll go onto your next preference.

bozo

Originally posted by Minai
Read what loser wrote: I think the computer starts with those who got 100UAI and gives them their first preference. THen gives 99.95 their first preferences. It continues all the way down.

Minai, does that mean if my uai is lower than the cut-off for my first preference, but the course is not full, could i get in?

santaslayer

HSC
yes......provided that no on else with highr uais than u wants to get into da same course

lp

hey but the uac thing says all preferences are given equal weightings??

maybe i should explain my situation a bit more clearer..

u see i stuffed my prefs up ..i wanna do b/eco
however this is what i submitted to uac

1.Com 94is
2.Psychology 95ish
3.Business 93.15
4.Eco 90.95

my uai is 93
obviously my top 2 prefs are out, however i'm so close to 93.15 (but i can't get it since i'm .15 off) does the computer just takes out my 3rd pref and jump over to give me my 4th pref?or does it depend on this years supply and demand for business to see if it rises or drops?? can someone please reassure me that business will rise at uts and eco at syd will remain?!?!?!

i'm sorry i probably had asked this a lot of times...but i'm just real worried here and i can't change my prefs now.....:confused:

Dingo

Banned
dont worry
i sen courses drop
so even if you have a uai below last years cut off
you still have a chance

lp

thanks melbournian...let's just hope it turns out what you said b4...

but looking back in the trends...

2002 2002 UAI difference
B.Eco 89.50 90.95 1.45
B.Bus 91.25 93.25 2

woops sorry business is 91.25 not 91.15 woohoo now i'm 0.25 off!!!

lp

ar shit.....

but from what you know business@uts is as pretty high demand course right? because i heard from my friend those who enroll in business/law are counted into as business......:uhoh:

lp

yeh thanks heaps mate.
by the way business is at the haymarket campus
hey melbournian you gonna do b.eco @syd?!
i thought of doing b.eco and social science...but i looked at the handbook and all the govt stuff...man i can't handle that... did u do eco in high skool?

lp

riteo i see yeh definately b.eco &social science for you....
lol if i make it to eco@syd i'll see you around!

hey from wat loser said b4 hand for the main round they only look at your 1st pref?! wat da?!

Last edited:

lbft

Geek
HSC
BASICALLY (what loser said is more correct, but this is essentially the same thing) UAC look at your first preference. If you're over the cut-off, you're made an offer. If you don't make it in to your first preference, they look at your second preference to see if you're over the cut-off. If you're over the cut-off, they make you an offer and if don't make it in, they look at your third preference and so on until you get into something (or you get rejected for each of your preferences.)

lp

lbft : thanks yeh i was asking around...someone told me the same thing...it's just that loser said "first preference" only so i wasn't too sure...just had to ask.....thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)