UAC Lowest Atar and Lowest selection rank (1 Viewer)

idc12

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just wondering what is the difference between Lowest Atar and Lowest selection rank on UAC for each University degree? i just got confuse....

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone,

Just wondering what is the difference between Lowest Atar and Lowest selection rank on UAC for each University degree? i just got confuse....

Lowest atar is exactly what the name suggests. Selection rank is Atar + Bonus points. Bonus points is something that each uni does separately depending on their own criteria.

idc12

HSC
Lowest atar is exactly what the name suggests. Selection rank is Atar + Bonus points. Bonus points is something that each uni does separately depending on their own criteria.
so let say the lowest atar required was 70 and my atar is 70 as well so would that university accept me? but the lowest section rank is 80.....

Greninja340

HSC
so let say the lowest atar required was 70 and my atar is 70 as well so would that university accept me? but the lowest section rank is 80.....
unless you have bonus points, no

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Usually the required number is a SR and not an ATAR because most courses accept some sort of bonus points, but if you are at or above the required number you're guaranteed a spot. If it says that the guaranteed entry is 75 SR and the lowest somebody was accepted with was 78, that doesn't mean you need 78 - as long as you get 75 you will get into the course in the first round of offers. Just because the lowest person was above the SR doesn't mean that the SR has changed to a higher value. Also even if you don't get the guaranteed SR you might still get into the uni in the other rounds of offers, if you look at most Wollongong courses their lowest accepted is usually below the guaranteed SR.

idc12

HSC
Usually the required number is a SR and not an ATAR because most courses accept some sort of bonus points, but if you are at or above the required number you're guaranteed a spot. If it says that the guaranteed entry is 75 SR and the lowest somebody was accepted with was 78, that doesn't mean you need 78 - as long as you get 75 you will get into the course in the first round of offers. Just because the lowest person was above the SR doesn't mean that the SR has changed to a higher value. Also even if you don't get the guaranteed SR you might still get into the uni in the other rounds of offers, if you look at most Wollongong courses their lowest accepted is usually below the guaranteed SR.
So for example this course is an atar of 70 enough to get in ?

Attachments

quickoats

HSC
No, you'd need an ATAR of 77 to get in if you don't have bonus points. The person who got 69.2 had a few bonus points. If you got 72 without bonus points, you would be behind the queue of someone who got 69 with 4 bonus points.

There is a difference between lowest selection rank and guaranteed selection rank. LSR is the "cutoff mark" including bonus points, basically the last mark to get into the course, whereas GSR is a predetermined mark by the uni, so you might get an offer if you're below the GSR.

idc12

HSC
No, you'd need an ATAR of 77 to get in if you don't have bonus points. The person who got 69.2 had a few bonus points. If you got 72 without bonus points, you would be behind the queue of someone who got 69 with 4 bonus points.

There is a difference between lowest selection rank and guaranteed selection rank. LSR is the "cutoff mark" including bonus points, basically the last mark to get into the course, whereas GSR is a predetermined mark by the uni, so you might get an offer if you're below the GSR.
so if I get an atar of 70 i wont be guaranteed to be accepted yea ? I need to prepare for the worst hahaha

jojosiwa123

HSC
so if I get an atar of 70 i wont be guaranteed to be accepted yea ? I need to prepare for the worst hahaha
if a course has a guaranteed atar or selection rank it usually says somewhere online, you might wanna check to see if they've given one to reduce your stress. also depending on the uni/course there can be bonus points for things like what subjects you did, what band you received in that subject. so even if you don't live in a rural area or aren't an elite athlete etc you could still gain bonus points. on top of that there are multiple rounds of offers so you could still get one if not in the first round.
again this all depends on the uni and the course as people have said. if you're still worried check the uni specifications and also look at doing that course at another uni/w another pathway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)