UAC Offer Rounds (1 Viewer)

dannar

HSC
Hey guys, I haven't used this site for so long now, but I have a question and feel that someone here might be able to answer.

I called up USYD the other day and was told if a student wants to transfer from one course to another (from UNSW for example) that the higher out of both the ATAR and tertiary marks is considered. As a 2020 graduate, I have an ATAR, and was planning on transferring with it assuming it is higher than my tertiary grades now.

If I apply to UAC, will I get my offer in the round that USYD is offering courses, which is on the 8th of October (considering my ATAR meets the guaranteed entry threshold)? Or do I actually need to wait until ATARs are given out to get an offer? I hope someone can help me with this. Thank you 😊

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Technically, the fact that you already have an ATAR (which in this case is what UAC and USyd consider in terms of processing and assessing your application) would suggest that you should receive an offer for your chosen course on the 8th of October. It wouldn't make sense that you have to wait until 2021 ATAR's are released, because you are not in the same position as 2021 HSC students. Current year 12 students have to wait for their ATAR's to be released in order to be able to receive offers because their ATAR is what different universities will use to determine student entry. Without an ATAR, universities will not be able to assess applicants (excluding early entry schemes, for example those that assess applicants based on specific subject marks).

With that being said, I would suggest contacting UAC and determining whether or not this is actually the case.

I hope this helps! 😄

dannar

HSC
Technically, the fact that you already have an ATAR (which in this case is what UAC and USyd consider in terms of processing and assessing your application) would suggest that you should receive an offer for your chosen course on the 8th of October. It wouldn't make sense that you have to wait until 2021 ATAR's are released, because you are not in the same position as 2021 HSC students. Current year 12 students have to wait for their ATAR's to be released in order to be able to receive offers because their ATAR is what different universities will use to determine student entry.

With that being said, I would suggest contacting UAC and determining whether or not this is actually the case.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you! Yes I understand what you mean, I'll get to that!!

quickoats

HSC
Just note that some courses may not be offered in the preliminary offer rounds, or some offer rounds may be reserved for early entry only. Don’t be shocked if you don’t get an offer in a designated offer round - it’ll defs come later provided your ATAR is sufficient and you aren’t trying to “upgrade”

dannar

HSC
Just note that some courses may not be offered in the preliminary offer rounds, or some offer rounds may be reserved for early entry only. Don’t be shocked if you don’t get an offer in a designated offer round - it’ll defs come later provided your ATAR is sufficient and you aren’t trying to “upgrade”
Oh okay yes I get you, but what do you meaning by trying to upgrade?

I assume you're referring to picking a course that doesn't meet the ATAR threshold. Thank you 😊

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe quickoats is referring to enrolling in a course with a higher ATAR requirement than the one you are currently enrolled in, i.e. course upgrade.

specificagent1

HSC
check with usyd on which offer round they are participating in for that particular course

dannar

HSC
I believe quickoats is referring to enrolling in a course with a higher ATAR requirement than the one you are currently enrolled in, i.e. course upgrade.
To be honest the course I entered doesn't actually have a set ATAR- it was based on Selection Rank.

I did get an offer for the course I want to transfer to now back in December 2020, I just didn't end up enrolling.

To be more exact, the course I am studying now had a selection rank of 96, and the course I am looking to transfer into has a guaranteed ATAR entry rank of 90

specificagent1

HSC
To be honest the course I entered doesn't actually have a set ATAR- it was based on Selection Rank.

I did get an offer for the course I want to transfer to now back in December 2020, I just didn't end up enrolling.

To be more exact, the course I am studying now had a selection rank of 96, and the course I am looking to transfer into has a guaranteed ATAR entry rank of 90
all courses are on the basis of selection rank now for year 12 students

dannar

HSC
all courses are on the basis of selection rank now for year 12 students
Oh ok cool, after looking at the 2022 USYD handbook, the course I'm aiming for does have a lower selection rank. I had no idea they're basing their courses on selection ranks, thank you!

specificagent1

HSC
Oh ok cool, after looking at the 2022 USYD handbook, the course I'm aiming for does have a lower selection rank. I had no idea they're basing their courses on selection ranks, thank you!
well pratically if you have no adjustments then your atar = selection rank

dannar

HSC
Does that apply even if my ATAR meets that ATAR requirement?

dannar

HSC
meeting the min atar does not guaranteer an offer, you need to meet the lowest selection rank
Thanks so much for helping :) yes the handbook does say I need a selection rank of 90 for the course which I'm assuming is the lowest when ATAR + bonus points are added

quickoats

HSC
Thanks so much for helping :) yes the handbook does say I need a selection rank of 90 for the course which I'm assuming is the lowest when ATAR + bonus points are added
No bonus points if you’re not in y12

quickoats

HSC

I assume you're referring to picking a course that doesn't meet the ATAR threshold. Thank you 😊
Kind of. By upgrade, I mean trying to get a higher selection rank at uni than your ATAR to get into a course with a higher cutoff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)