UAC Offers - Please Help. (1 Viewer)

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Hey. Uhh thanks a heap for reading this and helping me if you do? lol?...

Umm, I'm in a quite a problem, i think.

I want to do a bachelor of engineering in uni, i achieved a uai of 80.10.

Now, I would much prefer UTS over all the other universities, and, using thier bonus points, my uai will be 1.1 point above last years cut-off (i.e. 86.10, where UTS needs 85.00).

Umm i have all the preferences in what i thought would be, a good order. UTS is up there, so if i were to make the cut off, i would recieve the offer, and there would be no problem. Although, If i miss the cut off for UTS, my next preference would be UWS, and i would get the offer to that.

My mate earlier was telling me to put a bachelor of science before UWS, as i can transfer from science to engineering in UTS. I am unsure the chances of this happening or if its possible, but he says its easier to change from science to engineering in UTS, rather than transfering from Eng at UWS to Eng at UTS.

I really want to get into UTS 1st, and well i thought...

if i dont make UTS, and get the offer to UWS, i would change my preferences 9PM on the 21st, and the next day i might be offered into UTS Science.

The question is, do i have to defer UWS's offer before i can get given another offer? or even before i can change my preferences? so its not possible to have two offers at one time? (Sc at UTS and Eng at UWS.)??

Oh and if i had to defer the UWS offer, and then NOT get a offer into Sc for UTS..does that mean i got no uni offers, which means not getting into uni >_>?

Umm, sorry for like making u read half my life lol, but yeah this is really important to me..

Thanks

Logjammin'

HSC
Accept whatever offer you will get - everybody will tell you to do this.

If you want to see if you can get into Science at UTS, move that preference above engineering @ UWS, and see if you get an offer in the late round.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Logjammin' said:
Accept whatever offer you will get - everybody will tell you to do this.

If you want to see if you can get into Science at UTS, move that preference above engineering @ UWS, and see if you get an offer in the late round.

Yeah, but if i were to accept UWS, and then get UTS, i can simply cancel UWS, and accept UTS?

Also, is there any data, or can any predictions be made as to UTS's engineering cut off.. like, will it be likely to increase? decrease? etc. In the past years, what are the trends for it, if anyone knows...Thanks

Last edited:

morganforrest

HSC
syriangabsta said:
Yeah, but if i were to accept UWS, and then get UTS, i can simply cancel UWS, and accept UTS?
You can always withdraw your acceptance later and accept a different offer.

You can withdraw any acceptance without financial penalty at any time before the census date. Usually week 3ish of uni.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
syriangabsta said:
Hey. Uhh thanks a heap for reading this and helping me if you do? lol?...

Umm, I'm in a quite a problem, i think.

I want to do a bachelor of engineering in uni, i achieved a uai of 80.10.

Now, I would much prefer UTS over all the other universities, and, using thier bonus points, my uai will be 1.1 point above last years cut-off (i.e. 86.10, where UTS needs 85.00).

Umm i have all the preferences in what i thought would be, a good order. UTS is up there, so if i were to make the cut off, i would recieve the offer, and there would be no problem. Although, If i miss the cut off for UTS, my next preference would be UWS, and i would get the offer to that.

My mate earlier was telling me to put a bachelor of science before UWS, as i can transfer from science to engineering in UTS. I am unsure the chances of this happening or if its possible, but he says its easier to change from science to engineering in UTS, rather than transfering from Eng at UWS to Eng at UTS.

I really want to get into UTS 1st, and well i thought...

if i dont make UTS, and get the offer to UWS, i would change my preferences 9PM on the 21st, and the next day i might be offered into UTS Science.

The question is, do i have to defer UWS's offer before i can get given another offer? or even before i can change my preferences? so its not possible to have two offers at one time? (Sc at UTS and Eng at UWS.)??

Oh and if i had to defer the UWS offer, and then NOT get a offer into Sc for UTS..does that mean i got no uni offers, which means not getting into uni >_>?

Umm, sorry for like making u read half my life lol, but yeah this is really important to me..

Thanks
Hi Gab, I believe we go to the same school. i don't really know much about Universities but I'll give you some personal advice: Do what you want. I know that your mate is advising you to do things differently but hey, trust yourself more than you trust him. He's not you. Only you are YOU. So do what you feel is right. In one way or the other I'm pretty sure that your self decision would be rewarding.

Well sorry I couldn't give you better advice than that but hey I'm only about to enter my Preliminary Year after all. Good luck with University. Our shit school isn't going to be the same without you.

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Dragonmaster262 said:
Hi Gab, I believe we go to the same school. i don't really know much about Universities but I'll give you some personal advice: Do what you want. I know that your mate is advising you to do things differently but hey, trust yourself more than you trust him. He's not you. Only you are YOU. So do what you feel is right. In one way or the other I'm pretty sure that your self decision would be rewarding.

Well sorry I couldn't give you better advice than that but hey I'm only about to enter my Preliminary Year after all. Good luck with University. Our shit school isn't going to be the same without you.
Lol uhh.. Thanks man...Whoever you are? lol.. Could you tell me who you are?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
@Dragonmaster626

We spell it MUM in Australia ( refering to the sig)

because it is too late to change preferences for main round what i would do if i were you is accept UWS if that is what you get, change preferences for late round offers, then if you get a late round offer for UTS, you can accept that

cxlxoxk

HSC
i spell mother as "mom", it doesn't really matter whether it's u or o, people still know what it means.

danz90

HSC
I have a feeling that Main Round offers will be released at 8PM, not 9PM, since in Online Applicant Services, it says that Change of preferences reopens at 8PM on Wed 21st, when a few days ago it said 9PM.

Logjammin'

HSC
perhaps something to do with daylight savings?

edit: actually no, changing preferences really has nothing to do with offers, especially at that point in time. Offers would have already been printed in newspapers. Still, I hope they are released early

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
i will tell you right now. you will 100% get an offer from UTS engineering with a UAI of 80. you would still get an offer with a UAI of 70.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
So now since we know who we are Gab, what decision did you make? UTS or UWS? Or are you still undecided?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)